How can I create a cover like this?

beehoney

Hello Community,

Ok. This is the cover of R.L. Stine’s “Give me a K-I-L-L”. The picture looks so awesome and it is made with photoshop, or so. I wanna create a picture like this in paint.net. (Yeah! I have a lot of time.) So, how do I create this? Do I need a plug.in? And when the answer is “Yes!” which do I need? (Please with link.)

Bye,

Beehoney

Edited by beehoney

Hello @beehoney and Welcome to the forum :D.  It's a good idea to do some of the tutorials on this forum.  For example, to attempt the poster you want you will have to use each picture/image/text on a new layer.

1.  You can use this plugin to cut out your 'girl' first and put it in its own layer.

2.  Then you can add the floor, or whatever background you want, to another layer.

3.  You can combine and blend them using this technique.

5.  Lastly, make another layer for your Text.

Good Luck and do as many tutorials on the forum as you can to learn how the software works ;).

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

1 minute ago, beehoney said:

Did you use any Plug-In

Most of the time (if not always).

2 minutes ago, beehoney said:

And where got you those color codes for skin and the hairs color? Please send me.

If you ask this question, you first should do what Pixey tells you in her first answer:

3 hours ago, Pixey said:

do as many tutorials on the forum as you can to learn how the software works ;).

On the colors wheel press >>more to have the colors values... 

VdR_LAveSJWqIOuQBxx6MQ.png

Perhaps you should try this Tutorial to discover how painting something with paint.net is a step-by-step process and it takes a while to learn these things:

How to install Plugins:

https://boltbait.com/pdn/InstallingEffects.php

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.