gimp-like perspective move-tool

i couldn't see this in the feature requests sticky.

i need to drag the nubs with the move tool to stretch the image into shape.

is there a plugin that can do it?

the rotate/zoom can do it,but not very easily.

forgive me if this has been discussed before,i did do a search but i'm not exactly sure of the correct terminology.

i love paintdotnet and this is the only think that's missing for me.

thanks,but i'm not sure if it can do what i need.

i need to be able to select an unequal-sided rectangle from within my image then stretch it to fit the images full rectangle.

what it is,when i've taken a photo of a painting and it's slightly tilted,i need to stretch it to fit the corners of the image.

sorry if i'm not being clear.

Actually what he's trying to do is pretty common in most image editing programs. I'm also looking for that function. It's quite handy for adjusting images for distance variations such as your signature image...

These are done with a simple selection editor in a program called Serif PhotoPlus called a Deform Tool, it has a center that can be moved, and all the 6 nodes can be pulled around the center, shifted, alted, ctrl'd and combo's of them to get a desired effect. A few of the deform tools effects are equal to just adjusting the size of the selection, but it's the corner pulling effects that we need, and in a tool(button), not plugin.

Original

gw099kp3.th.jpg

Deformed - bottom left corner stretched

gw0991sy9.th.jpg

Deformed - bottom left corner stretched and mirrored diagonally

gw0992zq1.th.jpg

Deformed - bottom left corner stretched and mirrored horizontally

gw0993mk6.th.jpg

It also does vertical mirroring. The effect is actually quite nice and needed, check it out (for research of course) it's free.

i tried what you said but it's not very accurate,a lot of guess work in that little box.there's no guidelines.unless i'm doing it wrong,i'll keep trying,but it looks like i still need to keep my gimp for now.

i hope it gets put on the request list as an extra function for the move tool.

cheers for all the help!