null54

DDS FileType Plus (2019-10-17)

8 minutes ago, MechaKnuckles2001 said:

Sure, no problem.

You have to place DdsFileTypePlus.dll, DdsFileTypePlusIO_x86.dll and DdsFileTypePlusIO_x64.dll in the FileTypes folder.

Paint.NET does not search sub-folders when it loads Effects and FileTypes.

@null54 took the time to include a Readme file in the plugin Zip file.... (my emphasis)

DX10 DDS Filetype Plugin for Paint.NET

Description
------------

This plugin allows Paint.NET to load and save some DX10 DDS formats.

Note that a DDS file must be renamed to use the DDS2 file extension before the plugin will load it.
For example, if your DDS file is named "File.dds" you would rename it to "File.dds2".

For more details, or to report bugs, please refer to the website:

https://github.com/0xC0000054/pdn-ddsfiletype-plus

Installation
-------------

1. Close Paint.NET.
2. Place DdsFileTypePlus.dll, DdsFileTypePlusIO_x86.dll and DdsFileTypePlusIO_x64.dll in the Paint.NET FileTypes folder  which is usually located in one the following locations depending on the Paint.NET version you have installed.

Classic: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\FileTypes
  Microsoft Store: Documents\paint.net App Files\FileTypes

3. Restart Paint.NET.

A copy of Paint.NET can be obtained from the official website.
  http://www.getpaint.net/

Licensing
----------

This project is licensed under the terms of the MIT License.
See License.txt for more information.

Hello. Im just curious and i just wanted to ask question about this plugin update file sizes they got smaller in 2019 updates its because some features got removed or it got optimized and fixed? Sorry for my bad english. Btw thanks for your work.

1 hour ago, Unknownerr said:

Hello. Im just curious and i just wanted to ask question about this plugin update file sizes they got smaller in 2019 updates its because some features got removed or it got optimized and fixed? Sorry for my bad english. Btw thanks for your work.

Optimized and fixed.

Hello.

With this plugin installed, when I try to open the new .dds2 through Paint.Net 4.1.6 (File=>Open) it doesn't even see the file, doesn't recognize it as image format, so the folder appears empty.

Opening the file as is leads to:

System.FormatException: File is not a supported DDS format
   at PaintDotNet.Data.Dds.DdsFile.Load(Stream input) in C:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Data\Dds\DdsFile.cs:line 469
   at PaintDotNet.Data.Dds.DdsFileType.OnLoad(Stream input) in C:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Data\Dds\DdsFileType.cs:line 225
   at PaintDotNet.FileType.Load(Stream input) in C:\src\pdn\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 496
   at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Eval[T1,TRet](Func`2 f, T1 arg1) in C:\src\pdn\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 158

Is there a way to work with that file?

On 4/5/2019 at 5:15 PM, Dimitry said:

With this plugin installed, when I try to open the new .dds2 through Paint.Net 4.1.6 (File=>Open) it doesn't even see the file, doesn't recognize it as image format, so the folder appears empty.

The file must be renamed to use the DDS2 file extension.

That error message indicates that Paint.NET is using its built-in DDS support instead of this plugin.

Hello,

I am currently working on a Fallout76 ReText mod and some formats has been updated by Bethesda...

Into FO76 they are mainly using Normal as BC5 Signed and Diffuse as BC3 Signed.

Actually this plugin work fine with Fallout 4 textures but not with the new Signed models.

The only one plugin i found and working is a plugin for Photoshop CC from Nexus Mod.

My Trial version has experied and i don't want to pay 12$ bucks per month just to convert my textures...

The working plugin can be found here https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout76/mods/42

Can you please update your plugins to manage these files ?

Thanks a lot,

Best Regards,

6 hours ago, TheBlackstorm said:

Can you please update your plugins to manage these files ?

Added support for saving the BC5 signed format in version 1.9.5.0.

5 hours ago, TheBlackstorm said:

Diffuse as BC3 Signed

BC3 does not have a signed version, are you referring to BC4?

• Like 1

Hello null54,

Thank you a lot for the update, i tried it last night and that seems to work perfectly ^^ (at least, i have the correct backup options for Normals ^^).

I don't tried to use the converted textures yet into the game but i will send you a feedback if something go wrong.

About your 2nd reply, i think i said a non sense, i was in error because the exported files were not correctly opened with Paint.net but were correctly opened with the plugin, for BC1 and BC3... so I supposed the format has also been changed... but in fact, they are correctly read by the game if i use the "standard" compression format from paint.net. I have the feeling that they switch to use the sRGB format wich is also probably not managed by the default DDS plugin...

In another hand, on your side, have you got a batch processing plugin that can be used with this DDS plugin please ? (you will save my life one more time ^^).

Best regards,

Have a nice day ^^

Edited by TheBlackstorm

7 hours ago, TheBlackstorm said:

In another hand, on your side, have you got a batch processing plugin that can be used with this DDS plugin please ?

Paint.NET does not support batch processing, but you could use the DirectXTex texconv command-line utility.

It can be downloaded from the February 7, 2019 release, and the documentation for it is on the DirectXTex wiki.

Hello,

Again, thanks a lot ^^

16 hours ago, null54 said:

Paint.NET does not support batch processing, but you could use the DirectXTex texconv command-line utility.

It can be downloaded from the February 7, 2019 release, and the documentation for it is on the DirectXTex wiki.

textdiag give me the right metadata for my files, no more doubts ^^

textconv should be good for my needs, i found a little GUI here

Edited by TheBlackstorm

@null54 Thank you for the continued development .. I am a bit late but have only just found out no renaming of dds files is required anymore in more recent versions of PN, and your plugin is included.

Very much appreciated :)

Upgraded DirectXTex to the October 17, 2019 release.
Add a PluginSupportInfo attribute.
Changed the 32-bit/x86 build to use the SSE2 instruction set.

File version updated to 1.9.8.0.

• Like 3