How to Install Plugins ×

DDS FileType Plus (10-04-2023)

null54

35 minutes ago, Asken said:

Do I just edit the main image and save with layers?

If your images contain mipmaps (smaller versions of the main image), you can edit the main image and select the "Generate Mipmaps" option when saving.

• Like 1

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

Added support for loading and saving cube maps.
Reduced memory usage when loading.

File version updated to 1.9.0.0.

• Like 1

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

Changed the vertical cross cube map layout, file version updated to 1.9.1.0.

Added a Cube Maps wiki page describing the supported formats.

• Like 1

PdnSig.png

Fixed a potential crash when loading cube maps, file version updated to 1.9.2.0.

• Like 1

PdnSig.png

Allow Paint.NET's "Super Sampling" to be used when down-scaling the mip map images, file version updated to 1.9.3.0.

• Like 1

PdnSig.png

I don't know anything about DDS formats.
I have a simulator programme that uses them to render backgrounds.

They come in 6 images (6 sides of a cube). 

I'd like to be able to modify these images and even create my own.

However, neither the native nor this plugin can read the files (https://drive.google.com/open?id=12cwQCYD6K-l3hBWTFNoM6NWq74yqcYE2).

Any help would be appreciated. TIA

8 hours ago, F5D said:

Any help would be appreciated. TIA

That is not a DDS file, it may be a custom format that uses the DDS file extension.

You should try asking on a forum for the simulator program you are using, there may be a way to convert the images to a standard format.

PdnSig.png

Updated to the February 7 2019 release of DirectXTex.
Reduced memory usage when saving mip maps with transparency.

File version updated to 1.9.4.0.

• Like 1

PdnSig.png

• 1 month later...

Hello. Im just curious and i just wanted to ask question about this plugin update file sizes they got smaller in 2019 updates its because some features got removed or it got optimized and fixed? Sorry for my bad english. Btw thanks for your work.

1 hour ago, Unknownerr said:

Hello. Im just curious and i just wanted to ask question about this plugin update file sizes they got smaller in 2019 updates its because some features got removed or it got optimized and fixed? Sorry for my bad english. Btw thanks for your work.

Optimized and fixed.

PdnSig.png

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I am currently working on a Fallout76 ReText mod and some formats has been updated by Bethesda...

Into FO76 they are mainly using Normal as BC5 Signed and Diffuse as BC3 Signed.

Actually this plugin work fine with Fallout 4 textures but not with the new Signed models.

The only one plugin i found and working is a plugin for Photoshop CC from Nexus Mod.

My Trial version has experied and i don't want to pay 12$ bucks per month just to convert my textures...

The working plugin can be found here https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout76/mods/42

Can you please update your plugins to manage these files ?

Thanks a lot,

Best Regards,

6 hours ago, TheBlackstorm said:

Can you please update your plugins to manage these files ?

Added support for saving the BC5 signed format in version 1.9.5.0.

5 hours ago, TheBlackstorm said:

Diffuse as BC3 Signed

BC3 does not have a signed version, are you referring to BC4?

• Like 1

PdnSig.png

Hello null54,

Thank you a lot for the update, i tried it last night and that seems to work perfectly ^^ (at least, i have the correct backup options for Normals ^^).

I don't tried to use the converted textures yet into the game but i will send you a feedback if something go wrong.

About your 2nd reply, i think i said a non sense, i was in error because the exported files were not correctly opened with Paint.net but were correctly opened with the plugin, for BC1 and BC3... so I supposed the format has also been changed... but in fact, they are correctly read by the game if i use the "standard" compression format from paint.net. I have the feeling that they switch to use the sRGB format wich is also probably not managed by the default DDS plugin...

In another hand, on your side, have you got a batch processing plugin that can be used with this DDS plugin please ? (you will save my life one more time ^^).

Best regards,

Have a nice day ^^

Edited by TheBlackstorm

7 hours ago, TheBlackstorm said:

In another hand, on your side, have you got a batch processing plugin that can be used with this DDS plugin please ?

Paint.NET does not support batch processing, but you could use the DirectXTex texconv command-line utility.

It can be downloaded from the February 7, 2019 release, and the documentation for it is on the DirectXTex wiki.

PdnSig.png

Hello,

Again, thanks a lot ^^

16 hours ago, null54 said:

Paint.NET does not support batch processing, but you could use the DirectXTex texconv command-line utility.

It can be downloaded from the February 7, 2019 release, and the documentation for it is on the DirectXTex wiki.

textdiag give me the right metadata for my files, no more doubts ^^

textconv should be good for my needs, i found a little GUI here

Edited by TheBlackstorm

Fixed a bug that would cause Paint.NET to hang when saving DXT1 images, file version updated to 1.9.7.0.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

PdnSig.png