How to Install Plugins ×

DDS FileType Plus (10-04-2023)

null54

5 hours ago, M0lz said:

Full answer and a couple of test results on github :)

My reply on GitHub.

https://github.com/0xC0000054/pdn-ddsfiletype-plus/issues/2#issuecomment-367324692

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

Added 'Linear' to the non-sRGB format descriptions.
Renamed the BC7 Compression Mode Quick and Max values to Fast and Slow.

File version updated to 1.7.1.0.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

Added BC6H to the BC7 Compression Mode description.
Always use multi-threaded compression when saving.
Upgraded to the May 11 2018 release of DirectXTex.

File version updated to 1.8.0.0.

PdnSig.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Please excuse me if I posted in the wrong thread and should have made a different thread for my question.

I have extracted some textures from a Directx11 game, but whatever format I use, even when adding the mipmaps, the texture is rendered extremely bright ingame.

I suspect it's because of the format I'm saving as, but I can't figure out what to do.

Do you have an idea?

1 hour ago, dirtycopgangsta said:

Do you have an idea?

I do not.

You should ask your question on a forum for the game you are trying to modify.

PdnSig.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I put the dlls in paint.net and then repaired the program to make sure it could load plugins. I started the program and then I opened some textures. Saving only allows up to Bc5. I tried running it in administrator and same thing. I tried renaming the files to .dds2 file extension but the program doesn't recognize in or out of administrator mode, so I can't try compressing it.

Solution?

26 minutes ago, cardamom said:

Hi. I put the dlls in paint.net and then repaired the program to make sure it could load plugins. I started the program and then I opened some textures. Saving only allows up to Bc5. I tried running it in administrator and same thing. I tried renaming the files to .dds2 file extension but the program doesn't recognize in or out of administrator mode, so I can't try compressing it. 

It sounds like the plugin is not installed correctly.

Do you see the dds2 extension in the open file dialog?

• Like 1

PdnSig.png

• 2 weeks later...

Upgraded to the August 17 2018 release of DirectXTex, file version updated to 1.8.4.0.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

PdnSig.png

Reduced memory usage when loading and saving images.
Fixed a crash if the save progress callback is null.

File version updated to 1.8.5.0.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

PdnSig.png

Upgraded to the October 25 2018 release of DirectXTex, file version updated to 1.8.6.0.

• Like 1

PdnSig.png

2 hours ago, Someguysnickname said:

The paint.net devs stated the intent to integrate this over a year ago, but it has yet to happen. I don't suppose you've heard anything about that in the meantime?

I do not have any information about when this plugin will be integrated into Paint.NET.

3 hours ago, Someguysnickname said:

Btw, your readme does not mention the need to rename .dds to .dds2.

I added the line from the first post in this thread to the readme, and updated the project readme on GitHub.

• Like 1

PdnSig.png

Upgraded to the November 16 2018 release of DirectXTex, file version updated to 1.8.7.0.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

PdnSig.png

17 minutes ago, Asken said:

Hey, I can't get the paint.net to show all the layers in the dds2-file I'm opening. Am I missing something?

Editing DDS Files with multiple images (such as cube maps) is not currently supported.

PdnSig.png