null54

DDS FileType Plus (02-22-2020)

Recommended Posts

@null54 Thank you for the continued development .. I am a bit late but have only just found out no renaming of dds files is required anymore in more recent versions of PN, and your plugin is included.

 

Very much appreciated :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Upgraded DirectXTex to the October 17, 2019 release.
Add a PluginSupportInfo attribute.
Changed the 32-bit/x86 build to use the SSE2 instruction set.

File version updated to 1.9.8.0.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi - this might be a dumb question, but when I go to save a DDS file after editing it... the names of the different formats in the "Save Configuration" window are too long to see which is which (all start with "DdsFileTypePlus.DdsFileFormat_..." and then cut off, so I can't see the end of the format names). Is there a fix, or a list of the formats in order? 

 

I have Paint.net 4.2.8. Thanks for any help!!

 

 

Edited by dipmonk
more detail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dipmonk said:

Hi - this might be a dumb question, but when I go to save a DDS file after editing it... the names of the different formats in the "Save Configuration" window are too long to see which is which (all start with "DdsFileTypePlus.DdsFileFormat_..." and then cut off, so I can't see the end of the format names). Is there a fix, or a list of the formats in order? 

 

I have Paint.net 4.2.8. Thanks for any help!!

 

 

 

That error is due to paint.net not finding the correct string resources.

 

Are you using a 3rd-party translation or one that is installed with paint.net?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for your wonderful plugin... I'm in the middle of a nightmarish system restoration and left to re-download all of my necessary programs (PdN being one of the small group which I simply cannot mod Skyrim SE without) and figuring out what's still causing them to prevent successful launch.  Because of this plugin, I was finally given an option to create my own game textures without having to pay for a program with money I simply cannot afford to give up for what's technically considered a hobby. Believe that I'm one of many grateful people out there that rely on this program... and your plugin!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey is it possible in anyway to get back R8G8B8 support, i need it for mod development, It is kinda useless to only Have A8R8G8B8 because you dont use an Alpha channel if its not a transparent image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GrimXLive said:

Hey is it possible in anyway to get back R8G8B8 support, i need it for mod development, It is kinda useless to only Have A8R8G8B8 because you dont use an Alpha channel if its not a transparent image

 

I will look into adding support for R8G8B8 and X8B8G8R8 to the plugin.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Added support for saving the uncompressed X8B8G8R8 and R8G8B8 formats.
Fixed a visual glitch when previewing cube maps in some formats.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, hexaae said:

I'm a newbie... How can I save a DDS in RGBA32?

 

RGBA32 is listed as R8G8B8A8 in the save dialog.

 

11 hours ago, hexaae said:

I see many ARGB32 options but no RGBA32...

 

The forum page lists the uncompressed formats using the same names as the original DDS plugin, R8G8B8A8 is the same as A8B8G8R8.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having trouble opening a BC7 texture from a Fallout 4 mod, initially I was getting the whole:

 

System.FormatException: The file is not a supported DDS format.
   at DdsFileTypePlus.DdsNative.Load(Stream stream)
   at DdsFileTypePlus.DdsFile.Load(Stream input)
   at PaintDotNet.FileType.Load(Stream input) in D:\src\pdn\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 512
   at PaintDotNet.FileType.Load(Stream input) in D:\src\pdn\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 512
   at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Eval[T1,TRet](Func`2 f, T1 arg1) in D:\src\pdn\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 158

 

And then I read your message about changing the file to .dds2 extension for it to work but when I attempt to open the .dds2 file I get:

 

"The image type is not recognized, and cannot be open."

 

So it doesn't seem to want to work either way, is there something I'm doing wrong here? Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JoeyLock said:

And then I read your message about changing the file to .dds2 extension for it to work but when I attempt to open the .dds2 file I get:

 

You need to leave it with the .dds file extension.  Using .dds2 is no longer necessary, and will just cause issues.

 

9 minutes ago, JoeyLock said:

I'm having trouble opening a BC7 texture from a Fallout 4 mod, initially I was getting the whole:

System.FormatException: The file is not a supported DDS format.

 

Can you share the texture file, so it can be inspected?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, toe_head2001 said:

Can you share the texture file, so it can be inspected?

 

Sure, these are three of the files, the Diffuse, Normal and Specular and they all seem to have the same compression and don't seem to want to open, some of the other files in the mod open fine whilst the main ones seem to have the opening issue.

 

Since the three textures 5.33mb each compressed I uploaded them to Google Drive if that helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, JoeyLock said:

Sure, these are three of the files, the Diffuse, Normal and Specular and they all seem to have the same compression and don't seem to want to open, some of the other files in the mod open fine whilst the main ones seem to have the opening issue.

 

Those files are BC7 compressed images that use a non-standard format code in the DDS header.

 

I updated the plugin to be able to load them.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, null54 said:

 

Those files are BC7 compressed images that use a non-standard format code in the DDS header.

 

I updated the plugin to be able to load them.

 

Ah I see, I thought I might have installed something wrong before but the new updated plugin works great now as it opens them all, thank you very much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.