• OOTF_11_-_1st_submission.png
    • OOTF_11_-_2nd_submission.png
    • dragon2_600.png
    • 25_Aug17.png
    • Shield_3.png
    • OOTF_11_-_3rd_submission.png
    • Shield_OOTFEntry.png

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/07/2017 at 03:00 AM

• toe_head2001 changed the title to Object of the Fortnight #11 – Knight Shield – Winners

Congratulations to @welshblue for his very stylish winning entry.  Congratulations to  @Pixey, also. That shield shape is interesting and attractive, and the shading is very effective.

Two additional entries I'd like to single out for praise are @MadJik's red dragon shield and @Maximilian's round, off-angle shield. I'm sort of surprised MadJik's shield didn't get more votes. I really like that dragon insignia. The 3D shape of Maximilian's shield is excellently done, as is the metal surface texture (I do question the chopped-off letters around the circumference, which don't quite make sense to me).

There were quite a few other good entries.

• Like 2

Perhaps I might have explained in time that this was a thematic shield revolving around Game of Thrones. I know that not everyone is familiar with the series but those who are, if anyone on the forum is, might get the intended meaning if I say a few things about the matter. The chopped-off letters are the initials of the four surviving Stark children after a long story of plots and assassinations, being Jon, Sansa, Bran, and Arya Stark, and the chopped-off style is intended to represent a damaged yet undestroyed family. I'm very sorry if I'm not making sense, but I'm afraid I'm likely to make little or no sense to those unfamiliar with the story, or even to some who are familiar with it.

Other than the afore-explained , I salute everyone involved in this contest, and special thanks to @MJW for commending my humble attempts at producing a thematic shield regardless of the difficulty in understanding what I tried to conveyhi.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I probably should have assumed @Maximilian had some purpose in mind with the cut-off letters. My brother and his wife are big fans of Game of Thrones, but I don't subscribe to HBO, so I was ignorant of the letters' significance. Letters or no letters, the shield was impressive.

• Like 1