welshblue

Make a Jet Turbine

lynxster4    968
On 8/11/2017 at 3:32 AM, welshblue said:

@lynxster4 ... churning them out ?  Too much ?

On 8/11/2017 at 9:05 AM, LionsDragon said:

@welshblue, no such thing as too many tutorials from you! I think @lynxster4 was expressing what we're all thinking--WOW! :)

Never too much!!!   :P    I'm enjoying every minute of this!   <3

Seerose    1,965

<3 @Pixey! I feel like I'm sitting in the window. :trophy:  Excellent work. Thank you so much. :cake: :coffee:

*I'll be in the next time to give you a reputation.

Seerose    1,965

<3 @welshblue! A dream world, if I fly by stars. :trophy: Thank you so much. :cake: :coffee:

*I'll be in the next time to give you a reputation.

pyrochild    305

Here's a full version of the GridGrad plugin, which shouldn't crash: https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/111660-gradient-grid/

<pedantic voice>

The blades at the front of a turbojet engine are the compressor. The turbine is at the back, being powered by the exhaust.

Turbojet:

Turbojet_operation-_axial_flow.png

The jet engines on commercial aircraft are turbofans, so the front blades are the fan:

450px-Turbofan_operation.svg.png

</pedantic voice>

• Like 2

Eli    793
4 hours ago, pyrochild said:

The blades at the front of a turbojet engine are the compressor. The turbine is at the back, being powered by the exhaust.

I am learning something new : a turbine works like a vacum cleaner. :)

welshblue    476
4 hours ago, pyrochild said:

Here's a full version of the GridGrad plugin, which shouldn't crash: https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/111660-gradient-grid/

Link changed ... thanks.

I realised my error when I was looking at images to make an exploded view of an 'engine' ... suggestions as to what the title could be anyone ?

Make the blades and cowling of a back to front jet engine seems a bit long winded 

welshblue    476
On 15/08/2017 at 1:40 AM, lynxster4 said:

Never too much!!!   :P    I'm enjoying every minute of this!   <3

What would you consider as an excessive number of screenshots in a tutorial ?

I've found one I wrote for @DrewDale years ago but was never published publicly.  It's quite long winded with over 40+ screenshots and whilst it teaches some interesting techniques to get to the final finish, like using Kaleidoscope/ interesting mix of Blend Modes etc ... not so sure it's needed here.  It's basically a tut' how to get to here

Depths.png

Thoughts anyone  ... except @Woodsy who does a great job on the PDF's and will be thinking ... How Many ?! :P

@Seerose ... I love this.  

20 hours ago, Seerose said:

A dream world, if I fly by stars.

Very profound ... would be great as part of my arm sleeve tattoo if I can incorporate it.  

And don't worry about rep points ... I'm sharing because I want to give something back like others have done

• Like 2

Seerose    1,965

<3 @welshblue

They give us so many good things. This is a small thank you, actually too little. All the tutorial very great thank you. :cake: :coffee:

• Like 1

Ego Eram Reputo    1,724
15 hours ago, welshblue said:

Advancedish Planet by Mr Bobert has 113 images. I don't consider that excessive.

Beginners should be led by the hand with small steps showing a screenshot. Advanced users will have regular techniques down pat, so I wouldn't show a screenshot for setting colors or inverting a selection or setting a blend mode for example.

• Like 1

lynxster4    968
15 hours ago, welshblue said:

I've found one I wrote for @DrewDale years ago but was never published publicly.  It's quite long winded with over 40+ screenshots and whilst it teaches some interesting techniques to get to the final finish, like using Kaleidoscope/ interesting mix of Blend Modes etc ... not so sure it's needed here.  It's basically a tut' how to get to here

40+ screenshots is nothing!   Bring it on!   :lol:

• Like 2

jayj    4
On 8/14/2017 at 6:49 AM, welshblue said:

@Woodsy ... failing miserably to get contrails or motion sense but have sorted out the lighting etc

The lighting is great.  I am eager to see if I'll ever get to your level...however,  I am concerned for your safety because turbines won't work in the vacuum of space.  :)  I do hope you make it back to earth.

welshblue    476
On 17/08/2017 at 1:14 AM, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Beginners should be led by the hand with small steps showing a screenshot. Advanced users will have regular techniques down pat, so I wouldn't show a screenshot for setting colors or inverting a selection or setting a blend mode for example.

When I put screenshots in for the regular techniques it's usually so that I don't get confused :D  And that's easily done these days :/

I'd forgotten about the Advanced Planet tut' ... still it beggars the question of how to make a revolver cylinder cheerful if I do decide to post it.

Looking at it again Depths is pretty dark

@jayj ... many thanks.  I wouldn't rush to get to any kind of 'level' ... have fun learning from tutorials ... or your own thing ... but make what you're happy with and if it doesn't work, send it to the big recycle bin in the sky.  Whatever you bin you'll take something from it into another image somewhere along the line.

Ahhh my safety.  As I said to Eli in my gallery ... <geek> Newton's third law etc. <geek> You can't see the liquid oxygen/helium/ hydrogen tanks hidden in the the fuselage ;)

OK that's blagging it ever so slightly  a lot.  I think I'll have to put a nose cone on

• Like 1