raeanana

Mandala/Symmetry plugin?

Recommended Posts

I'd like something that draws symmetrical in maybe 6 or 8 ways. 

I have looked online and found sumopaint, which I like but it doesn't work right and I prefer paint.net. It's much smoother.

Is there something similar to this for Paint.net?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We don't have a plugin that can build that automatically.  But, if you can build one section, look at one of these plugins to duplicate to the rest of the sections:

 

KaleidGen MadJik Generate kaleidoscopes from scratch using selectable auto generated shapes. Magical Plugins Megapack.

Kaleidoscope MadJik Turn images into kaleidoscopes. Magical Plugins Megapack.

Kaleidoscope Effect pleabo Generate kaleidoscopic effects. Has center point selector and a source angle rotator. Also known as DPL Kaleidoscope. 3.5.11 version compiled by Maximilian.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BoltBait said:

We don't have a plugin that can build that automatically.  But, if you can build one section, look at one of these plugins to duplicate to the rest of the sections:

 

KaleidGen MadJik Generate kaleidoscopes from scratch using selectable auto generated shapes. Magical Plugins Megapack.

Kaleidoscope MadJik Turn images into kaleidoscopes. Magical Plugins Megapack.

Kaleidoscope Effect pleabo Generate kaleidoscopic effects. Has center point selector and a source angle rotator. Also known as DPL Kaleidoscope. 3.5.11 version compiled by Maximilian.

 

Hmm. Well thank you! Maybe I will have to try those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello @raeanana 

Welcome to the forum.

This happens to be something I am working on in a different way. It has to do with geometric patterns built into paint as shapes using shapemaker. Once the shape is finished it is run through the above mentioned plugins to get patterns very close to your example.

To speed up the process - search for geometric shape patterns on the internet and have a run through with the plug ins of paint. I hope to have my shape pack finished very soon. Here are some examples

 

SoFarSmall.png.3ca65420ececdf0f8a575d3355cd71d0.png

Hope this helps B)

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had some free time and I already had other forms of symmetry, so I decided to go ahead and give you exactly what you asked for @raeanana.

See Brush Factory to read about the plugin, or download it directly here.
Untitled.png.0dade9deb2368d75797d6e669b178e4f.png

Edited by Joshua Lamusga
Finished implementing radial symmetry drawing
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

Or you could use everything available (shapes, curves, handdraw, etc.) + kaleidoscope

coloring-page2.jpg

1. fill the orange part with your choice (on transparent background).

2. duplicate/flip the layer then merge. You'll have orange+brown parts.

3. run kaleidoscope (change radius amount to max).

Tada!

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2017 at 9:05 AM, Joshua Lamusga said:

I had some free time and I already had other forms of symmetry, so I decided to go ahead and give you exactly what you asked for @raeanana.

See Brush Factory to read about the plugin, or download it directly here.
Untitled.png.0dade9deb2368d75797d6e669b178e4f.png

 

I saw this plugin when I searched but it looked like a handful. I will have to give it a try, thank you so much!

 

 

 

On 8/10/2017 at 0:16 PM, MadJik said:

Hi,

 

Or you could use everything available (shapes, curves, handdraw, etc.) + kaleidoscope

coloring-page2.jpg

1. fill the orange part with your choice (on transparent background).

2. duplicate/flip the layer then merge. You'll have orange+brown parts.

3. run kaleidoscope (change radius amount to max).

Tada!

 

I will have to try this as well. Thank you! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now