Dysfunctional Forum Features

I've always wanted to disable email notification for new private messages. Unfortunately, that is not possible.
Now this notification is even more senseless than before, because when clicking the link to a PN the following error message appears:

Sorry, there is a problem

We could not locate the item you are trying to view.

Error code: 2S136/C

Please fix that or enable the possibility to disable email notifications.

Edited by IRON67
  • Like 1

Email notifications for PMs have been disabled.  You should see a notification in the task bar instead.

Sometimes I'll send a PM to a member who hasn't visited the forums in a while. Without that email notification, it could weeks (or longer) until they see they've been sent a message.

I think it would be better to have the email notification option enabled by default, but allow users to disable it.

Even if the link in the email sends them to an error page, at least they'll see they've been sent a message, and it brings them to the site (from which they access the PM from the notification area at the top of the webpage).

I'll see what can be done...

OK, I've set the notification to use both Email and the taskbar notification by default. Both can be disabled by the user.

Can someone please check these two fields are editable in your account profile? That would be Account Settings > Notification Settings

• Like 1