How to Install Plugins ×

Distort This! v2.10 (Dec 27, 2021)

toe_head2001

Version 2.10 has been released.

This version adds the ability to move a Side (two adjacent corners together).

I also made some minor improvements to the Mirror option(s).

See first post for download.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing the code.

I downloaded the source code of this plugin and opened it with VS 2022.
Loading Designer for first time took 25 seconds!
In previous versions of VS things were going faster.

• 5 weeks later...

I dont' understand why distort this! does move vertically, when I set the nubs to distort only horizontally! (what is what I would need).

I made a simple example. Even the thin lower line of the rectangle gets moved up and made thick. The shape has changed to a triangle, but the proportions of the parts are not even kept. Pls note that I turned off Perspective, it is not checked. Questions:

(2) What is the sense of this?

and

(1) how do I stretch (or minus-stretch) something  hor-wise or such in any direction that I want to specify. For example stretching a foto horizontally, but trapezally (lower part more than upper part). (opposite to what I have drawn examplywise here.)

Screenshot 20220215040129.png

Screenshot 20220215040207.png

Screenshot 20220215040246.png

Edited by Peter1

but when I set Perspective and V ~50 percent I get the effect I wish, but don't understand.

And don't understand where my previous post (topic in forum Paint.NET Discussions and Questions, a few minutes before this post) has disappeared to

Screenshot 20220215042951.png

Screenshot 20220215043011.png

Edited by Peter1

and here are the images that correspond to the first "reply" (triangle)

(i'll also try to extend the distortion, surrounding the image with a larger canvas and post)

Screenshot 20220215124420.pngScreenshot 20220215124432.png

Edited by Peter1
trying to scale the original screen shots, when including in the post.

It shows V 100, although the thumb is at 50 percent. This happens when I reopen Distort This! (and had it at 50 before.). I did not investigate whether committing with OK is necessary to reproduce it, or it also happens on Cancel.

v value Screenshot 20220216034721.png

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi, I can't get the DistortThis pluging function to show up in Paint.net Effects-Distort dropdown menu. I downloaded the Distortthis.zip and unzipped it and copied DistortThis.dll (only file in the zip) to C:\programfiles\paint.net. I restarted Paint.net but find no means to select the effect. I suspect there is another step I must do, but don't know what. Please help? This is my first Plugin download attempt, I am a newbie in this arena. Thanks

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is so much awesome. I've spent 2 hours with other perpective plugins to fit an image onto a laptop's screen (well, I thought it was a basic feature in Paint.net, but I could not reach the desired effect in the built-in tool, which is not bad anyhow). With DistortThis! it took under a minute. Work area is also an excellent idea! Hands down!

spacer.png 

• Like 3

It's sad that the plugin doesn't have an option with "Nearest Neighbors". The resulting image is blurry, which is why I can't use it in pixel art.

• 2 months later...

I can't seem to get the plugin to show up in my menu. I've unzipped the file and copied it over to the effects folder but it doesn't show in my effects tab.

It will be at Effects -> Distort -> Distort This!

Did you exit and restart paint.net?

• 1 month later...