toe_head2001

Distort This! v2.9 (July 3, 2018)

1 hour ago, gendalf said:

add ability to move the lines(the sides or 2 nubs simultaneously)

That can mean so many things. Please explain in more detail; I'm not going to act on assumptions.

Would it be possible to assign the corners to exact pixel positions, perhaps by typing in text boxes containing the X and Y locations?

For ease, each corner could be named A,B,C and D.

mockup.png

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jaybee said:

Would it be possible to assign the corners to exact pixel positions, perhaps by typing in text boxes containing the X and Y locations?

1 minute ago, Vagabondi said:

Join the question/request. If possible, that would be cool and produce more accurate results.

Yes, click on the ? in the top-right to learn how.

• Upvote 1

On 2/11/2020 at 12:52 PM, toe_head2001 said:

That can mean so many things. Please explain in more detail; I'm not going to act on assumptions.

It really can't. They are requesting the ability to move two parallel nubs at the same time by clicking and dragging the line between them. Drag the red line to make it move around.

Anyway, the original reason I came to this thread was to request a checkbox of some kind granting the ability to view the canvas beneath the layer being edited. Currently you can't see the canvas below the layer you're editing, just a checkerboard. The ability to view the canvas is useful (if not indispensable) for people looking to distort things to align with a skewed background.

Edit: It also seems you've removed the ability to set the work area through any means other than dragging a flat rectangle? Please re-add setting the work area through dragging the nubs, as this is crucial to using this tool for anything other than applying a perspective distortion to a perfectly flat plane.

Edited by travis-unbalanced

2 hours ago, travis-unbalanced said:

It really can't.

Of course it can.

They are requesting the ability to move two parallel nubs at the same time by clicking and dragging the line between them. Drag the red line to make it move around.

Yeah, maybe that's what he meant, maybe not.

You can only assume; just as I can.

By the way, your explanation was, for the most part, the same one I came up with.

Anyway, the original reason I came to this thread was to request a checkbox of some kind granting the ability to view the canvas beneath the layer being edited.

I'm sorry, that's not possible. It's a limitation of Paint.NET plugins.

Edited by toe_head2001
Add some clarification

2 minutes ago, toe_head2001 said:

You don't know that. You can only assume; just as I can.

I do know that. It's the obvious meaning. "You can only assume, just as I can" is a philosophical statement about the nature of truth, not an argument. I can assume "You don't know that, you can only assume" means "Ah yes, I now understand this perfectly, thank you for clarifying", sure, but that wouldn't do anything for anyone because it very obviously means "You don't know that, you can only assume".

What possible interpretation could "add ability to move the lines(the sides or 2 nubs simultaneously)" have, other than a request to be able to move the lines, aka the sides, aka two nubs' positioning at the same time?

17 minutes ago, travis-unbalanced said:

It also seems you've removed the ability to set the work area through any means other than dragging a flat rectangle? Please re-add setting the work area through dragging the nubs, as this is crucial to using this tool for anything other than applying a perspective distortion to a perfectly flat plane.

When was that possible? I don't see it in TR's original plugin.

1 minute ago, toe_head2001 said:

When was that possible? I don't see it in TR's original plugin.

I swear I remember it being possible, but if I've had a brain fart and mixed up two different perspective tools/programs I apologize.