All Align Object plugins I try don't work for me

Hi @DazzaDman, welcome to the forum.

Please check the following:

• Is the object on its own layer & does not cover the whole layer?
  • Do you have any selections active? If so, deselect.
  • This one, is the thing that gets me most of the time - is the layer you want to work on the active one? Very easily overlooked :( 

Perhaps sending us a screenshot of what you are trying to do if none of these things helps

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

I'd guess that @DazzaDman is using Align Object incorrectly, since the word object is being used in a special sense which might not be obvious. (If so, he wouldn't be the first to make that mistake.)

DazzaDman, in PDN parlance, an "object" is a region of non-transparent pixels surrounded by transparent pixels; basically, an image on a transparent background. Align Object centers a set of non-transparent pixels in an otherwise transparent layer or selection. For example, if you have a transparent layer, then use the Text Tool to write something,  Align Object can be used to center the text. It will not, for instance, center something on a white background -- transparent only!

• Like 1

@barbieq25 BTW, I what i want to do is centre my picture on the canvas behind it. It isn't working for me. Also, I had the picture I wanted moved selected when I inserted it. And yes, I am moving the object I want moved on it's own layer.

Edited by DazzaDman
adding description

Hi @DazzaDman and Welcome to the forum :D.

As @barbieq25 mentions, make sure the Plugin is not selected (no lines around the image) before you use the Plugin.

BvOXYxr.png

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.