What happened to this effect?

There used to be a really useful effect in paint.net that I just discovered is missing in v3.35, and that's the outline effect. I don't remember exactly what it was called, but it was a single effect in its own menu tree branch and it drew a nice outline around an object of specified color, width, and softness. Why isn't it in there any more, and is it available as a plug-in? I couldn't find anything about it searching the forum, but then do you realize how many hits "outline" as a keyword gets? :lol:

Thanks. And BTW, I just love the program. It's my chief graphics program. ;)

Tim

Ahh. Might need to update it then. Older versions had to be blocked for stability reasons. Check up on the menu item, File->View Plugin Load Errors, to see if it's being blocked.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Sorry for taking so long to get back to this thread. I didn't know subscriptions defaulted to "off" and you know how they say time flies -- well it does whether you're having fun or not. :lol:

So I understand the effect I'm looking for is part of pyrochild's plug-in now, and I should look here for that, correct?

Rick -- the menu item you asked me to check doesn't exist on my version of Paint.net and I looked all over for it. Maybe it's a menu item that only shows up if you've got extra plugins beyond what comes standard?

Tim

The Outline effect is part of pyrochild's plugin pack. Do you have it?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.