Saving resized .svg file

I have had cause to convert some .png files to .svg format.  Having done that, I used the SVG Plug-in to view the images in Paint.net.  I wish to increase the size of the images, but neither 'Save' nor 'Save As ...' permits me to do it in .svg file format.  The link here, however, suggests it should be possible: 

I am using Paint.net version 4.0.16.

3 hours ago, Bob Hawkins said:

...  The link here, however, suggests it should be possible: 

No, it does not. What it "suggests", is what it does, i.e. "Imports SVG files (and the compressed variant SVGZ) and renders them to Paint.NET bitmap layers".

Xkds4Lh.png

Djisves

I copied the .url for the post in question and what displays in my original post is the result.  Clicking the title opens the complete post,  I accept, in any case, that it is necessary to scroll down the post to what I read at "Known issues":

• Paint.NET 3.5.11: If you try to 'Save' (not 'Save As') a loaded svg then Paint.NET will not fallback to 'Save As' automatically. The 'Save' dialog opens and shows an error. This is fixed in Paint.NET 4.0.

It is not about the sentence you read.

Swankyfrank

Yes!

I was overwhelmed initially by the sheer wall of numbers upon opening the file.  But the size was in the very first line as <svg id="svg" version="1.1" width="500" height="500", which I changed, saved and confirmed in Paint.net subsequently.  I am totally new to .svg images.  Is this what would be called an .xml file?

I thank you for your help - something further learnt. 

Bob

From the SVG 1.1 (Second Edition) – 16 August 2011, Spec.  I don't know where we are now

1.1 About SVG

This specification defines the features and syntax for Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG).

SVG is a language for describing two-dimensional graphics in XML [XML10]. SVG allows for three types of graphic objects: vector graphic shapes (e.g., paths consisting of straight lines and curves), images and text. Graphical objects can be grouped, styled, transformed and composited into previously rendered objects. The feature set includes nested transformations, clipping paths, alpha masks, filter effects and template objects

34 minutes ago, Bob Hawkins said:

Is this what would be called an .xml file?

Yes

On 7/10/2017 at 11:50 AM, Bob Hawkins said:

Djisves

I copied the .url for the post in question and what displays in my original post is the result.  Clicking the title opens the complete post,  I accept, in any case, that it is necessary to scroll down the post to what I read at "Known issues":

• Paint.NET 3.5.11: If you try to 'Save' (not 'Save As') a loaded svg then Paint.NET will not fallback to 'Save As' automatically. The 'Save' dialog opens and shows an error. This is fixed in Paint.NET 4.0.

It is not about the sentence you read.

Bob, I understand how links to other posts work. My reply was not based on what can be read in the quote, rather on the the whole post and description for the plugin.

What I meant to write is that the plugin author did not intend the published plugin to save in SVG and never claimed that it did. Hence the need for Paint.NET to fallback to "Save As" when one clicks on "Save" so that a different format can be chosen.

Xkds4Lh.png