Sign in to follow this  
KingNXT

[REQUEST] Frost glass effect

I really don't know why this question hasn't been answered yet, so I'm going to go ahead and answer it.
Get these two plugins: Clamped Gaussian BlurChannel Operations

Step 1: Get two layers ready. The top one will be made transparent and the bottom will be blurred.

Example2.png.daee2af77c0f001a8dc6ac8d096b3573.png

Step 2: Select the top (glassy) layer and apply Channel Ops to set alpha to 210 (or subtract 45).

Example3.png.f7295049d65756c8a54aae0f789a4db8.png

Step 3: Select the bottom (blurry) layer and apply clamped Gaussian blur at 16 radius.

Example4.png.b917816aa0f3ee125b4e800f430c0331.png

Done. Comparison of the actual Aero blur and simulated Aero blur. (Some artifacts due to a sloppy job, but point proven.)

Example5.png.bc54f6c6037ab7607aa724bcd0378306.png

So again, I'm not sure why nobody could tell you to increase transparency on one layer and blur the other :)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Joshua Lamusga said:

I really don't know why this question hasn't been answered yet, so I'm going to go ahead and answer it.
Get these two plugins: Clamped Gaussian BlurChannel Operations

Step 1: Get two layers ready. The top one will be made transparent and the bottom will be blurred.

Step 2: Select the top (glassy) layer and apply Channel Ops to set alpha to 210 (or subtract 45).

Step 3: Select the bottom (blurry) layer and apply clamped Gaussian blur at 16 radius.

Done. Comparison of the actual Aero blur and simulated Aero blur. (Some artifacts due to a sloppy job, but point proven.)

Example5.png.bc54f6c6037ab7607aa724bcd0378306.png

So again, I'm not sure why nobody could tell you to increase transparency on one layer and blur the other :)

Well this was not the actual effect we were looking for: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9NO5x0fuXc_OUs2dDRod185bzA/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9NO5x0fuXc_X01VZS1wVTJvSmM/view?usp=sharing

It should have the gradiant effect.

I do not see the  gradient, just a blurred background.

1 minute ago, Eli said:

I do not see the  gradient, just a blurred background.

well gradiant was the wrong word i ment crispy/pixelation

There are many different external Plugins and PDN internal effects for NOISE-, PIXELATE- and BLUR-effects. Just pickup some of them and try out.

47 minutes ago, IRON67 said:

There are many different external Plugins and PDN internal effects for NOISE-, PIXELATE- and BLUR-effects. Just pickup some of them and try out.

Can you link some? Cant find.

You'll find all the plugins listed in the Plugin Index (link in my signature). Download the PDF and search using those ^^ keywords.