New Tool

xdarrel3

Can paint.net add a new tool, or someone make a plugin where you can easily crop out an object from the background instead of using colors and all that. I saw this video where he holds down left click and drag around the person and the tool know where the edges are. If the tool highlighted an area you did not want you can just simply right click that area and the tool deletes that area. Another idea is similar to photoshop where you get to drag straight lines around the object, and you can draw like 100 tiny lines around and object to make it percise. I just hope that photoshop or someone makes a plugin about this and it will be better for everyone to crop out an object from a background really easily.

Hello again @xdarrel3

I see you are asking about the equivalent to the quick selection tool of PS. Keep in mind the image the video showed was a simple one to demonstrate how well that tools works. Paint's magic wand would do the same function just as easily. Learning to control the tolerance setting will usually get most of the desired cut out

of the image. For fine tuning - there are few ways to go about that. In addition to TR's plugin (which I think is the closest paint will come to a quick selection tool) - you could duplicate the image and play with the blend modes to help see the change in texture or color to help crop out the image.

Hope this helps B)

• Upvote 2

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

I am personally used to tracing out things with a soft eraser if I don't feel like using the magic wand. The soft eraser makes soft edges too.

Additionally, I would recommend a plugin called AA's Assistant for trace-out works to smooth the edges and because this plugin is also used very frequently on tutorials. AA's Assistant is found as part of this plugin pack.

• Upvote 2