What have I missed out on?

Xephyr

Hey all, I've been using paint.NET since 2010. 
Just today have I discovered this forum, and the whole idea of plugins. I've gotten the most out of this program so far, making effects and adjustments work in ways they aren't supposed to. 
Now that I have access to plugins and the sorts, can you guys tell me what abilities I have missed out on? I'm looking forwards to exploring a more versatile software than the one I have been mastering.

2 hours ago, Xephyr said:

can you guys tell me what abilities I have missed out on?

Almost all. Sorry, but if I read, that you spend 6 years or so to find out, that there is a support forum and plugins (all this you could find following some menu links in the software itself) than it will be hard to describe ALL the things, that you have missed out. Just open your eyes, take a look and read. You must have a natural curiosity, don't you?

Edited by IRON67
  • Upvote 1

Hi, Xephyr!

Sounds like you've done really well on an older, outdated version of PDN, which, as we know, still will do many amazing things. It also sounds like you're pretty creative and talented to be using PDN with not many plugins, figuring out how to do a range of things. Why not share some of that when you have the time. That, in itself, sounds pretty cool!

Go to the "Plugins" link of the forum:

https://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/forum/7-plugins-publishing-only/

Enjoy getting lost in there. Seeing what you've been missing out on.

Another link on the forum would be for the newer version of PDN, to use a plugin called ShapeMaker. Some shapes users have made with ShapeMaker are shared at this link of the forum:

https://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/forum/48-shapes/

I hope you continue to find more amazing things to do with PDN. It's a pretty cool software.

1 hour ago, ScrapbookWithPDN said:

Sounds like you've done really well on an older, outdated version of PDN, which, as we know, still will do many amazing things. It also sounds like you're pretty creative and talented to be using PDN with not many plugins, figuring out how to do a range of things. Why not share some of that when you have the time. That, in itself, sounds pretty cool!

I've been using updated versions, but I'm psyched to see what you guys have to offer.

EDIT: I stand corrected, I was still using a 3.5 release from 2011.

EDIT: Ahhhh it looks a lot different. this will take some getting used to. 

Edited by Xephyr