NinthDesertDude's Gallery

NinthDesertDude

Vector-style images, pixel art, cartoons... I like this gallery already. My favorite is Lantern at dark, the thermostat icon and all the sprites. :)

(Psst... I use Inkscape, too! Just..not often. XD)

A Gallery 

(Please, be careful. Some of the sites I'm on might not be family-friendly. 😱 )

Spritesheet for Fleet Fighter

The sprites involved in the creation of one of my games called Fleet Fighter. Not the greatest sprite work in the world, but the entire game was made in 3 days. Collectively took about 2 hours.

Edited by NinthDesertDude
  • Upvote 2

<3 @Joshua Lamusga!

A great gallery, well done. :trophy: Did you draw all of that? 
"Tree, Morning on the mountain and Blooming peace" are my favorites. :cake: :coffee:

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Hi @Joshua - your pseudonym Anthony Scoffler sounded so regal to me ;).  Now I'm wondering where the name Lamuska comes from?  I have never come across it before.  I hope you don't think I'm cheeky asking you that!

It's super to see you start a Gallery :).  I love the Mouse & Book, Dwarf Adventurer, Dragonite, Axe and Blooming Peace and I really, really like the Tree.  It's very well done and the texture looks so appealing :D.

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Thanks, everyone. My last name used to be Lamuska ~200 years ago before a branch of my ancestors emigrated to North America. My family has polish ancestry.

• Upvote 1

Hi Joshua!
Well done on starting a gallery, cool images, especially 'Water Avatar' - great imagination!
I agree that hand drawing and scanning is a great way to start an image.
I'm also very impressed by your Brush factory plugin!

(Now you've changed your forum name I will keep thinking of you as 'Anthony Joshua' - the heavy-weight boxing champ!):D

• Upvote 2

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

44 minutes ago, Joshua Lamusga said:

My family has polish ancestry.

:) I'm half Polish ;).

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Great start to a gallery! I particularly like your weapons, and your hobgoblin brings a smile to my face. Good job!

LoniTownsendSig.jpg

Tourmaline Illustration

A multi-hued tourmaline crystal ending in a partial blue-cap scepter. Done in 1 hour on 5/4/2017.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Thank you Pixey, Woodsy, and LionsDragon.

I made the tourmaline by drawing a lot of lines in Brush Factory with different hues (all at the same angle as the crystal, and overlapping). This gives the crystal that glossy look. I used motion blur on the lines in the direction they faced. I smudged all the lines together, especially along color zones, so they were cohesive. I used Channel Ops to overwrite Alpha with Saturation, then made a layer below and drew color to fill in the tourmaline. The band of extra translucence near the top is a section I decided to keep as-is. I then merged the layers and selected the edges of the crystal, which represent the faces that can be seen, and darkened them slightly. I finished by using TR's Dodge and Burn to increase saturation on the center of the crystal, especially around the top.

If anybody wants to ask how any of my images are made, I can tell you. For drawn images that were converted to digital illustrations, I usually save the original drawing and major steps along the way to completion and can show them too.

Edited by Joshua Lamusga
  • Upvote 1

Opal ring

The ring texture is made with bevel and fragment. Took 20 minutes. Done on 5/14/2017.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

<3 @Joshua Lamusga! Nice work on the finished product! Well done. :star: :lightning:  Thank you so much. :cake: :coffee:

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

• NinthDesertDude changed the title to Josh's Gallery

Face

A face I created first in Brush Factory to test my own skill with it, then meticulously clone-stamped highlight zones until they were reasonable before applying high contrast. Took a little over an hour. Started 8/10/2017 and finished today.

• Like 1

@Joshua Lamusga ....nice additions to your gallery.   I like the opal ring a lot...nice texture, but the second one is downright SCARY!    =O

Give ya reps tomorrow!   :)

• 3 months later...

The demonic kite shield I entered for the shield competition; it was my first competition entry.

Then I quickly learned nobody can outperform Welshblue. Done in 4 hours on 8/27/2017.

• Like 1

@Eli Oh, I don't feel bad at all. :D It was a compliment to Welshblue's mastery. I'm sure there are styles he can't yet do, but he can do quite a lot of them.

@welshblue My 3D skill outweighs my PDN skill which outweighs my drawing skill -- by a long distance. We all have things we're better at. And thanks for the compliments. I created the highlights on the water avatar's muscles by shading it all, then erasing in veins to make stark white. My drawings are never much like the final illustration.

By the by, I'm cooking up a plugin called Filter Brush based on Brush Factory that lets you configure an effect to "uncover" by drawing over the original image. Parallelization lets this plugin run almost as fast as Brush Factory, far outperforming TR's Dodge and Burn. It supports built-in effects and token-based custom effects. Too early to make a plugin release thread, but this plugin is very close to being done. Okay, end of irrelevant point :)

• Like 1