Joshua Lamusga

Josh's Gallery

@Eli and @Joshua Lamusga ... thanks for the compliments, and yeah there is loads I can't do ... cheerful stuff for one :D 

And definitely struggle with perspective points

The beauty of this place and one I didn't realise I missed compared to some art forums (not all) - no one is disparaging. 

Everyone helps each other and we can all learn from one another.  

A bit of a tease mentioning a new plugin toy :P  Sounds cool.  Also paying a compliment to your work was easy.  It's neat and imaginative - I mean how freaky is that face.

I'd definitely fall off my chair if I turned around and that was looking in the window

On 28/12/2017 at 5:13 AM, Joshua Lamusga said:

because why not

... why not indeed.  The only limitations in art, are ourselves.

Really nice textures ... very fitting for what you wanted to achieve

8LgrGIr.png

An adventurer carrying miscellaneous gear explores a cave. Created in 8 hours on 1-16-2018. I created stalactites first to define the perspective, then torch for lighting, marking where light would shine on the floor and ceiling. It could be better for a number of reasons, but it's not terrible.

uxsGkcP.png

I could be drawing this every time if I could only grasp the unwieldy powers of high contrast as I draw rather than trying to adjust afterwards.

These stalactites, since I actually drew them like stalactites, look great under high contrast.

• Like 4

Very nice stalactites they are too :star:

That cave looks real scary to me

smileys-angstlich-977485.gif

6 hours ago, Pixey said:

That cave looks real scary to me

A more realistic rendition would look very pretty. Light would still shine through the formations, despite being colored with dirt.

Off-topic: ...and if you think caves are scary in general, try Timpanogos cave or the Jewel cavern system in South Dakota. So many calcite-aragonite formations. Here's an image of Timpanogos, where a tour guide illuminates the "heart of Timpanogos" with a flashlight. The calcite looks pink-red due to manganese inclusions.
Image result for timpanogos cave 

• Like 2

Great stalactites @Joshua Lamusga  :lightning:    I used to go spelunking a lot...not so much anymore...can't climb and crawl around like I used to...:lol:

Fantastic! I grew up near a place called Cave of the Mounds, and one of the formations there looks like a parrot wearing a newsboy cap. Caves are such wonderful and terrifying places. (I'm not claustrophobic btw; I'm just a klutz. This can lead to bad situations.)

image.png.592cd9e3a120e4396e2070ef68a70d9d.png

I've drawn many fireballs, but never kept or uploaded them. This is supposed to be a magical fireball (as indicated by purple/blue hues). Thought it looked cool. Added a quick background and called it a day. Done in 1 hour on 11/10/2018.

image.png.69cab5c4c4276afff2a852f9c83db764.png

Inspired by the fireball, I decided to make a lightning ball. Done in 6 hours from 11-10 to 11-11 in 2018.

Edited by Joshua Lamusga
  • Like 5

Island

image.png.1e252f0ed7f99c04f9bfd4814a8df59b.png

An island I made to see how much detail I can put in something with Brush Factory. Seems decent. 11-11-2018, made in 1 hour.

Air Elemental

image.png.b20362234b7eaf62a0f1a6b9a81ff678.png

A haphazard attempt at an impressionistic style I don't do. Not great. 11-11-2018, made in 2 hours.

• Like 6

Great images @Joshua Lamusga.  That fireball is really spectacular :)  Also the island and the man on the cliff :star:

Goodness gracious great balls of fire 🎵 ... the fireball is impressive - got a powerful feel to it.

My favourite would have to be the Impressionist piece.  I think you've captured the style really well

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback! I have enough illustrations & sprite art right now. I don't have anything like ice text, chromatic metal textures, or profiled highlights because I haven't gotten on the bevel & bump/alpha mapping train yet. A good, realistic-looking knife might be my next goal.

Hey @welshblue, if you could provide a list of maybe 6 or less essential plugins you use, that would help me get started.

This is my current level of realism with bevels on the handle and knife edge.

image.png.c931a0118e8c96c2567bba2bf8884edc.png

Obviously not a photo. Blade texture can be improved.

Edited by Joshua Lamusga
A friend said my original handle design was better for length of blade
  • Like 4