I need help with a ROBLOX template

I was making a clothing template for ROBLOX, and I accidentally put somethings in the backround layer on accident. And when I try to move the piece off, it instead moves the whole backround along with it, and it <No cursing.>s everything up. Im pretty new to paint.net but it seems whenever I make the smallest mistake everything <No cursing.>s up and I have to start the whole template all over again. There are certain things it just wont let me do. Do I need to start my template all over again? 

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo
Changed title to be descriptive.

5 minutes ago, DaMaenes said:

I accidentally put somethings in the backround layer on accident. And when I try to move the piece off, it instead moves the whole backround along with it,

When you replace pixels on a layer, the pixels become part of the layer. Like painting on a wall: once the paint dries you can only cover it up or strip all the paint off and start again.

Your addition is now part of the background. What used to exist there has been overwritten and discarded. If the image is still open in paint.net you can use Undo to revert changes. Once paint.net has been closed, those changes cannot be recovered by using Undo.

You're left with covering the addition with new pixel data (maybe cloning from another area of the background would work?) OR replacing the background layer.

If you select the addition and move that, it will leave a transparent hole in the background layer.

• Upvote 1