Sign in to follow this  
BlastWave

BlastWave's Gallery - Airships Over Horoa

The deep lavender to purple sunset is a gorgeous hue. Just looking at it is a serene experience.

Challenge: I challenge you to make a realistic scene with drab lighting. It won't have silhouettes or high contrasts, and can't have a strong color theme without breaking realism. It's hard for most people and I can't do it really, so I think as most of your artwork takes advantage of contrasts and color schemes, this may prove to help you develop your ability to portray realism.

• Like 1

Dusk Planning is another wonderful piece @BlastWave, and I agree the music is perfect ... I'd possibly have a Margarita in my hand as well.  Great work one again :star:

• Like 1

Thank you everyone!

On 12/28/2017 at 12:26 AM, Joshua Lamusga said:

The deep lavender to purple sunset is a gorgeous hue. Just looking at it is a serene experience.

Challenge: I challenge you to make a realistic scene with drab lighting. It won't have silhouettes or high contrasts, and can't have a strong color theme without breaking realism. It's hard for most people and I can't do it really, so I think as most of your artwork takes advantage of contrasts and color schemes, this may prove to help you develop your ability to portray realism.

Thanks Joshua!

It sounds like a pretty hard challenge, I think I'll try doing it in 2018. No silhouettes or high contrasts will definitely be quite difficult. 

---

Here's one last piece for 2017! This time, we're going to space.

deep_space_reconnaissance_by_blastwaves-dbybit4.png

https://blastwaves.deviantart.com/art/Deep-Space-Reconnaissance-722772472

Edited by BlastWave
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Oh Boy :star: you really do have a gift for detail.  Looks just like the real thing :D

• Like 1

Hello everyone, Happy New Year!

It's a new year, and so of course there will be new drawings. Here's the first piece of 2018, an animated one.

iHqRQTb.png

(Animated, click to view)

Alternate link if it doesn't load: https://blastwaves.deviantart.com/art/Full-Speed-Ahead-725342812

While this scene wasn't animated with Paint.NET, everything else was done with it. The tanks, shrubs, ground, clouds, background, dust clouds, and tank animation frames were all done by hand in PDN, and it was then put into Game Maker: Studio and animated with the editor.

Edited by BlastWave
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

<3 @BlastWave! You have affected yourself again. :trophy: How much frame does the animation have? Incidentally, excellent work. 

Thank you for sharing. :cake: :coffee:

Edited by Seerose
  • Like 1

@BlastWave The sprite editor is nice; I used it for the small Halo gun drawings from 2009 in my gallery (back when I used GM for 6 years and knew everything about GML). Good times.

Oh, and I think that animated scene is a perfect example of a good-looking scene with drab lighting and no gradient, bi, or tri-color scheme. Well done, you already beat the challenge.

Edited by Joshua Lamusga
  • Like 1

Oh Boy - that animated clip is really F A N T A S T I C :star:

• Like 1

I am impressed.  The change of the tank's track to simulate crossing the uneven terrain, the second tank in the background matching the foreground tank, and just the attention to detail.

I'm impressed.

• Like 1

I feel like you're getting into 'more realistic' territory. I like that. :)

And, now, a one-sentence horror story: 'I need to catch up with this forum.' D8

• Like 1

Thank you everyone!

@SeeroseThe animation has a total of 128 frames recorded at a speed of 30 FPS.

@Joshua Lamusga I'm not sure if it fully qualifies, as the trees in the foreground are silhouettes, and technically the tank has some lighting highlights on its turret. I'll have to give it another shot, I think.

---

It's been a bit of awhile, but I'm back! Here's a new scene for February.

metropolis_by_blastwaves-dc2qcv0.png

https://blastwaves.deviantart.com/art/Metropolis-730183068

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2