Sign in to follow this  
BlastWave

BlastWave's Gallery - Airships Over Horoa

That is sooo good!    :star:   Do tanks really look like big spiders?   My immediate thought was 'War of the Worlds'.  Excellent work!  :)

On 10/21/2017 at 1:05 PM, Pixey said:

Yup - you can tell it's in Europe .............. all that pea soup fog :lol:.

Seriously - this is an amazing piece.  So realistic - you did great :star:.  Love the VW combie as well :D

Thank you Pixey! Since you liked the VW, here it is separate from the scene so you can see it in its full glory.

bsP63Hu.png

On 10/21/2017 at 7:43 PM, AndrewDavid said:

Awesome pic @BlastWave - Wish I had one of those to take onto the World of Tanks battlefield.

Thanks Andrew!
It'd be probably be a bit over-powered and would get nerfed after a week in the game.

On 10/21/2017 at 11:17 PM, LionsDragon said:

Oh wow...it looks like a photo! @BlastWave,  you need to have a chat with my hubby @DragonsLion. He loves Cold War history.

Thank you LionsDragon!

On 10/22/2017 at 12:25 PM, Seerose said:

<3 @BlastWave

:trophy: As always great work. Love your work. It's beautiful. Thank you so much. :cake: :coffee:

Thank you Seerose! I'm glad you like it.

On 10/22/2017 at 7:32 PM, lynxster4 said:

That is sooo good!    :star:   Do tanks really look like big spiders?   My immediate thought was 'War of the Worlds'.  Excellent work!  :)

In this universe, they certainly do! And thank you!

On 10/28/2017 at 11:14 PM, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Morning Patrol has been promoted to the Galleria. Congratulations @BlastWave!

Thanks Ego Eram Reputo and @Josh L for the suggestion! I really appreciate it.

Here's today's scene. After watching a documentary on submarines, I thought it would be fun to make a scene of a submersible, after a few hours I came up with this:

launch_order_by_blastwaves-dbs2mu6.png

https://blastwaves.deviantart.com/art/Launch-Order-712280094

Edited by BlastWave
  • Like 4

Thank you everyone!

---

Here's a new scene. I wanted to do some experimenting with foliage and weathering, and for awhile now do something related to Brazil and Rio de Janeiro, so I present a scene fittingly entitled "Favelas"!

favelas_by_blastwaves-dbu3jww.png

Edited by BlastWave
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Fair play,  I think I said it here before - really can't remember, but I meant to ... but you've got an unique style to anything else here that is very pleasing to look at.

Great perspective in the way the shanty town is laid out too

• Like 1

@BlastWave - those 4 VW combies are just beautiful :D.  I also just noticed the submarine, which is very realistic.  Love those bubbles.  And this latest one is another masterpiece.  The trees, the building, the weapons ..... all excellent :star:

• Like 1

On 11/21/2017 at 8:02 PM, lynxster4 said:

Excellent @BlastWave  <3    This one oozes despair...    But I want to know what they're doing in that building that they need those big guns??   ;)

Thank you Lynxster! As for why they need such heavy fire-power, perhaps it's just a deterrent or them being prepared for anything. ;)

On 11/22/2017 at 11:15 AM, welshblue said:

Fair play,  I think I said it here before - really can't remember, but I meant to ... but you've got an unique style to anything else here that is very pleasing to look at.

Great perspective in the way the shanty town is laid out too

Thanks Welshblue!

On 11/22/2017 at 11:19 AM, Seerose said:

<3 @BlastWave:trophy:  All the details in the background are great.  A wonderful job pieces. Thank you so much for sharing. :cake: :coffee:

Thank you very much Seerose!

On 11/22/2017 at 11:44 AM, Pixey said:

@BlastWave - those 4 VW combies are just beautiful :D.  I also just noticed the submarine, which is very realistic.  Love those bubbles.  And this latest one is another masterpiece.  The trees, the building, the weapons ..... all excellent :star:

Thanks Pixey! I'm glad you like it. :)

Here's a quick piece I did of some guardsmen observing the morning fog over a bridge. Inspired by the Charles bridge in one of my favorite locations around the world: Prague.

morning_fog_by_blastwaves-dbut8c1.png

https://blastwaves.deviantart.com/art/Morning-Fog-716880241

And happy (late) Thanksgiving everyone!

Edited by BlastWave
  • Like 3

What a great piece @BlastWave.   <3     :arrow-up: Everything LionsDragon said!   I could just stare at this for hours.  :rainbow:

P.S. you've got some really cool stuff on your deviantart site

Edited by lynxster4
  • Like 1

Wow! Another stunner!  Love this.  <3     Your choice of color palette really conveys hot and sweltering and someone 'getting away from it all' at least for awhile.  :)

Ahhh - I just saw the Prague image - a lovely piece :D.  I too liked visiting Prague, but some time ago now when it was still communist.  We had the best Chimney cake there :cake:.

Coffee Break is just lovely too <3 the colors are superb ;)

As always, the last 2 images apart from being extremely well drawn/ rendered,  the colour choices really add to the atmosphere of the pieces

Thanks guys! I'm glad you like it.

---

I felt my previous scene set in Rio oozed a bit too much despair as @lynxster4 said, so here's a much brighter scene for the weekend. Still experimenting with colors and trying to get my scenes to look more realistic.

dusk_planning_by_blastwaves-dbwvmyu.png

https://blastwaves.deviantart.com/art/Dusk-Planning-720351750

I think this one goes pretty well with this music too.

Edited by BlastWave
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2