Sign in to follow this  
BlastWave

BlastWave's Gallery - Airships Over Horoa

crossing_by_blastwaves-dbkgtv9.png

"It's going to be a long trip, gentlemen. I hope you've got plenty of rest, rations, and water, because we're gonna have to march all the way through and out of the Malibar front without stopping."

Edited by BlastWave
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Wow...that looks kind of treacherous!   I immediately thought of the movie 'Bridge Over the River Kwai' for some reason.

Great work!   :)   :star:

• Like 1

Thanks guys!

Here's another scene, fresh out of the oven. I call this one "Heavy Armor".

2bcp8Z9.png

Three A/LFV-91 legged infantry fighting vehicles move through thick fog in a forest located somewhere in the South Korean countryside.

Edited by BlastWave
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

A--freaking-mazing. I thought at first it was an armored elephant until I read your caption! *blush*

So...are/were you in the military? The detail you put in these beggars believe--in a good way!

• Like 1

@LionsDragon Thanks! I am not in the military nor have served in it, but I spend a significant amount of time studying various photographs of military vehicles when designing these to make them as detailed as possible.

@TrevorOutlaw Thank you for your kind words. :)

Here's a scene I call "Hold The Line" where two heavy combat hardsuits of the 9th Mobile Guard Corps fight off some invading martian forces on the surface of Mars in the middle of the night.

firefight_by_blastwaves-dbnky6a.png

Here's one of the suits separate from the scene, alongside a space infantryman for scale.

Mn10yd4.png

Edited by BlastWave
  • Upvote 2

Seeing as how October begins tomorrow, I decided I wanted to do some scenes inspired by the 1917 Russian October Revolution after looking at some old paintings of the Russian Winter Palace. These are very quickly done, but I hope they still have the same quality as my previous scenes!

TeLWHHg.png

eKQMoKp.png

Fm2GTiq.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Fantastic work @BlastWave :D They are all worthy of many :star:.  Reminds me of Dr Zhivago times.

• Like 1

Yup - you can tell it's in Europe .............. all that pea soup fog :lol:.

Seriously - this is an amazing piece.  So realistic - you did great :star:.  Love the VW combie as well :D