Sign in to follow this  
BlastWave

BlastWave's Gallery - Airships Over Horoa

Thank you!

You guys wanted it, so here it is. A tutorial on how to make trees in my style:

And as a bonus, here's a scene I made a month ago of some troops scaling a mountain.

NPAl3Lq.png

Edited by BlastWave
  • Upvote 5

Unbelievable new additions to your Gallery.  Wow!  And your Tree Tutorial is fantastic.  Thanks so much for your contributions :)

• Upvote 1

I have no other words to say about the new image. Only that is cool. Pun intended. X]

Thank you very much everyone! N-ice pun @Beta0 !

Here's something new. I tried to animate a scene with grass swaying, basically each section of grass is on a separate layer and I render Pyrochild's Jitter plugin on the lowest settings at a horizontal angle and it sort of creates the effect like it's moving. It's not perfect, but I'm satisfied with how it has come out.

JlmQvC5.gif

http://i.imgur.com/JlmQvC5.gif

The troops were inspired by the Colonial Marines from the movie Aliens. I can post the rest of them and a dropship if people would like to see that.

Non-animated version.

Edited by BlastWave
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 7

Indeed I do @BlastWave.

You shared another great piece of art to the forum.

Your work inspires me to reach your level of expertise.

Sure you<re not a professional^ (Damn keyboard remapping)

Never mind the grass - Its the power lines that caught my attention. Your troops seem to be everywhere.

Is the creature too hard to handle to put it in the picture (:/) Or is it hiding inside the Van.

Hope you have as much fun as I do painting.

I too am impressed by the power lines BlastWave! Your post wouldn't let me see the animated version but the png is very impressive.

@BlastWave You're welcome! :D

The animation makes me think of a Gameboy Advanced game I used to play. It was about aliens...parasitic ones. I don't know its name or where it ended up. At home, we tend to lose stuff. :/

AndrewDavid and Woodsy have a point. Those are some good power lines. And I like the perspective. :)

Wow!  Another beauty @BlastWave :D.  The animation makes me think that the heat is radiating from the ground. Those pylons are awesome B).

Thanks guys. I'm happy how the pylons have come out myself.

@AndrewDavid Sorry, I don't have an alien drawn, so I guess it's inside the van.

Here is the full squad + their dropship. It's based on the UD-4L from Aliens, but with a lot of my own changes.

BIg4uKk.png

I also tried to do some ranks and the air-crew/pilots of the dropship as well.

Here is today's scene too, I'm testing out some new foliage (the palm trees). I'm having an absolute blast with Red Ochre's FurBlur, it's so good for making grass and you can do tons with it.

sunday_drive_by_blastwaves-dbalggu.png

Edited by BlastWave
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Hi BlastWave,

Great gallery! - It's very satisfying for me to see Dryad and Furblur put to such good use.
Your machines are meticulously crafted and complimented by very accomplished landscape backgrounds.
I like your subtle colours and consistent style too.

Thanks for sharing the inspiring images.B)

Oh boy!  Those Palm/Pine Trees are fantastic B).

Thank you all for your kind words and the reputation !

Here's today's piece, this one of my latest aircraft design. Kind of my attempt at a promotional image/advertisement, I tried to make it look kind of "half 3D" by duplicating the wings and the intake as well as the landing gear and I think it worked out well!

mMzWpw8.png

Here it is separate from the scene. I couldn't decide how I wanted the cockpit, so here's both of them.

qjGe4cb.png

Edited by BlastWave
  • Upvote 5

Great jets BlastWave! I think you managed the 3dish affect you were trying for. The body lines should stand out a little more (that's only my opinion)

Wow!  Those planes jets are simply glowing and I like the cockpit in the first one .... kinda yellowish - it looks perfect :).

On 5/24/2017 at 7:34 PM, Woodsy said:

Great jets BlastWave! I think you managed the 3dish affect you were trying for. The body lines should stand out a little more (that's only my opinion)

Thanks Woodsy! Yeah, now that I look at it you're right, I should probably make the panel lines a bit more visible.

On 5/25/2017 at 0:31 AM, LionsDragon said:

Jeepers! Between you and @Collagemaster, PDNation is building a darn good army.

Still need to try your tree tutorial....

Thank you LionsDragon! The PDN army grows larger by the day.

On 5/26/2017 at 2:51 PM, Pixey said:

Wow!  Those planes jets are simply glowing and I like the cockpit in the first one .... kinda yellowish - it looks perfect :).

Thank you Pixey!

I feel like I do a lot of ground/air vehicles, so here's something a bit new.

NRQky9b.png

http://i.imgur.com/NRQky9b.png

This is my attempt at drawing a full scale submarine based on the real life Virginia class SSN/nuclear attack submarines. It took around 6 hours to do, but I'm happy with the results. I plan on doing a cutaway of the interior next.

Edited by BlastWave
  • Upvote 2

I love your Ideas because I bet it took a long time to do it and taking time will get you to perfection and I personally think I couldn't of done better. So well done. Also its so good I made one of them my desktop picture.

:P

Edited by winterfall
  • Upvote 1

Oh Boy - those Subs are awesome :).  They are so sleek and look very authentic.  I particularly like the 3rd one down with the colorful sections.  You're a master of this :D.