Snap To Grid PLEASE!

I love Paint.Net. It does everything I need it to do... except do a snap to grid set up for easy cutting around things. I find it so tiresome to have to draw a line around something with the lasso! It takes so long to get the right areas! Plus, I lose detail that I want to keep!

Can you please, if it hasn't been done, create something to do this? I don't want to snap a piece to a place on the image. I want to cut with it! If it's already been done, please point me to the file so that I can download it!

Thanks all!

24 minutes ago, scryer52 said:

... a snap to grid set up for easy cutting around things.

Excuse my ignorance of this, but how does snapping to a grid help with cutting things out?

Unless you mean 'snap to object'.

Please clarify.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

I was thinking the same thing. I have no idea how snapping to anything would make selection easier to "cut around things."

Hey you should just change the tolerance on the Magic Wand. It really is a magic wand for selecting things. Also you could use these plugins I found recently on making things go to Alpha that have been very helpful:

Switch Gray to Alpha

Color to Alpha

With these plugins and then the Magic Wand you can select the image easily by only selecting Alpha until the image is left, then hit Ctrl+I to invert the selection. Super awesome! Paint.net and don't forget layering, I just learned that if you hit Ctrl+Shift+V to paste an object it will NOT paste the alpha on to that layer, so you will have "cut" all the alpha out in one (or three) keystroke.

ketenksEsignatureSmall2.png.f74cf40145e3a072030b070615ef1b93.png

1 hour ago, scryer52 said:

... you could clip a spot on the image, it would lock in there and you could move on to the next location on the image.

That is exactly what TR's Alpha Cutter does. Check it out, install it by copying it into the Effects folder and then Right clicking it > Properties > Unblock > Apply > OK > Restart PDN and you should find it in Effects > Object in Paint.net. Make sure to watch the video tutorial on that page as it will explain everything in little time.

ketenksEsignatureSmall2.png.f74cf40145e3a072030b070615ef1b93.png

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...