Editing Layers Of Text

BeyondTheFlag

I have a psd file that was created for me and I want to edit the text on it but I have no idea how to do so. Below is a png version of the psd file. As you can see, it was created so that "Namer McNamerson" and "Citiesburg, Texas" could be removed and replaced by an actual name and city. In the same token, the white flag was also made to be edited to reflect the state. How do I change the text in these three areas to say whatever I would like for it to say?

BTF_StateByState.png

You can open PS files with the PS plugin. To change the text you're going to have to delete the existing text and replace it.

• 3 months later...
On 3/28/2017 at 11:02 AM, Ego Eram Reputo said:

You can open PS files with the PS plugin. To change the text you're going to have to delete the existing text and replace it.

Please explain how to do that.

I have two jpeg files and I want to change Father Serra's to Saint Junipero Serra's.

JPGs don't support layers. You're going to have to erase or overwrite the existing text. Imagine its spray painted graffiti on a wall. You either have to scrub it off or paint over it. :)

Plugins: go here to learn how to install plugins https://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/forum/36-how-to-install-pluginsgeneral-plugin-troubleshooting/

Then go here and download the Photoshop plugin:

Once installed, filetype plugins extend the type of formats that paint.net will load or save (sometimes not both). Look for the new extension in the load dialog.