Check for updates feature to be disabled

Amanda Morariu

The MSI is an installer package for deploying paint.net across multiple computers on a network. I need to disable the feature "Check for Updates" , to not have this available for all users.How could i do this? Can you help me? Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, thanks for your feadback. I checked the information from that link and this is the condition to disable check for updates checkbox when the users want to install the application. I need to disable the feature from the application when this is already installed. Can you give some informations about this? I can disable this feature? Thank you!

feature disabled.pngfeature disabled.png

9 hours ago, Amanda Morariu said:

I need to disable the feature from the application when this is already installed

The only thing I can think of to automate this is to reinstall paint.net across your network via MSI. As Rick said - the CheckforUpdates is disabled by default. That will set the application to ignore updates. This will not disable the feature. Users will still be able to manually reconfigure the setting via the Updates check box(es).