Will Paint.NET ever be on mobile devices?

iiPostMasterYT

Just wanted to know because I frequently use my phone and it would be really awesome to be able to make my YouTube thumbnails and other pictures directly from my phone.

(One of my ideas, if it does get ported to mobile, is that there is a "Font Shop" for devices that aren't rooted/jail broken where you can get fonts of your own, or even just an option to import font files from the internet.)

When you go to create a new topic under Paint.Net Discussion and Questions, please check the FAQ (a list of frequently asked questions), especially when you're asking about big decisions regarding paint.net or its progress. These are the kinds of questions that tend to already have an answer.

In fact, this question is answered in the FAQ:

(1) Will it ever be ported to Mac OS, Linux, or any other operating system?

We will not be doing any work to directly support Mac OS, Linux, Mono, or any other platform. We are doing this in order to focus on the best quality and support for the platform that we develop on: Windows with .NET. Also, we simply do not have the resources or expertise to do any of this work.

This is unlikely. Paint.NET can't really be "ported." Any mobile app would be a completely new app, and I am just not interested in doing that project.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg