Plugins don't work following upgrade to 4.0.12 (help)

When you say none of your plugins work, do you mean they no longer show up in the menus? they show up, but when you attempt to select them, they don't run? or they run, but they don't do the correct things? Also, when you say "none," do you mean that literally? That not a single one of the plugins now works? You need to be more specific

Speaking of specific, please change the thread title to something more descriptive. You're violating forum rule 6:

6) Thread titles must be descriptive and specific -- NOT generic. You need to use descriptive thread titles. The following are examples of thread titles that are NOT ALLOWED:

"Help"

"Please help"

"I need help"

"Can you help"

"HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!" (if you post like this you WILL be banned)

"Tutorial request"

"Feature request"

"Plugin request"

"Looking for..."

"Looking for a tutorial / feature / plugin"

"Can Paint.NET do this" ('this' is complete ambiguous here)

"I'm a newbie"

"Hello"

"I'm new"

also, putting "HELP!" in any title is also not allowed, it's really quite obnoxious. We know you want help, that's why you're posting in the first place.

etc.This pollutes the forum with generic threads and makes it impossible to navigate. Imagine if everyone posted with thread titles like this and we had pages full of "Help!!", "Please help", "Please I'm a newbie" or even "Hi" or "Pony" ... it would be stupid. Just like you should be doing with e-mail, write your subject line for the recipient, not the sender. Read here for more detailed info: http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2007/01/18/1488858.aspx (btw, Raymond Chen's blog is excellent, and I recommend reading as much of it as you can!). Here's the important part: from now on, threads with generic titles will be locked and/or deleted. Without warning. This rules posting is your warning.

Also, do not put something like this in your thread title: RICK READ THIS THREAD!!! That is extremely rude and annoying.

Have you tried more than once; that is, closed down PDN and rerun it? The most common causes of something like that are having the wrong layer active, or having a selection (often a tiny one) so the effect doesn't change most of the visible pixels.  If you run an effect with a menu, does the menu appear? Also, when you say the plugins don't work, does that include the built-in effects? You say you can't make a picture black and white. The "Black and White" adjustment is built in to PDN, not a plugin.

Hi Joylynn68 - Welcome to the forum :smile:

First try to update to 4.0.13. It's the latest release.

Here's a list of all the incompatible plugins: 

If you find any - delete them. Then seek out the replacement if there is one.

Note: one of the biggest problems with incompatible plugins is users mistakenly installing garbage like the Megalo pack. If you did that then you need to read this:

I've edited this thread title for you. Please make thread title descriptive so others can use them to search the forum more effectively. Thanks

There were a few plugins that were broken in 4.0.11 and 4.0.12 and which should now work in 4.0.13.

However, those plugins were already obsolete and had updates, so really you should update the plugins.

The affected plugins (that I know of) were the PSD file format plugin, and at least 1 of pyrochild's popular plugins.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg