toe_head2001

Object of the Fortnight – Discussion thread

Good to hear and having you back on your feet.  Although do take it easy for a couple of days ☺️

On 2/1/2019 at 4:51 PM, Pixey said:

Ha - ha :)  I just realized I am an object of discussion 🤣

... better than an object of derision 😍

Apologies for not entering again this time around.

We had some bad news regarding my daughter this week after an MRi, and well to be honest my head isn't in the game for finishing something  complex like this.

My recent entries in my gallery were therapeutic,  the denim tut' taking my mind off things

Can we a get some clarification for the Bon Bon?

It should be a single Bon Bon candy, right?  Not a package of many Bon Bons?

My error - I should have been more clear that @lynxster4 did indeed specify "A single Bon Bon".

@AndrewDavid sorry, but could you re-enter another Bon-Bon please.

:arrow-up: Dang - there goes my fist attempt - back to the drawing board :lol:

4 hours ago, Pixey said:

:arrow-up: Dang - there goes my fist attempt - back to the drawing board :lol:

I was thinking along the same lines. Fortunately, procrastination saved me from any wasted effort. I must admit, I'm not certain what constitutes a bonbon candy. @lynxster4 says "We want to see your pretty decorations on the outside," but I think of bonbons as rather simple chocolate-covered candies. lacking much decoration.

@MJW they can have simple decorations like sprinkles or thin lines of drizzled icing.

Check out the link in Pixey's post.  

19 hours ago, lynxster4 said:

This bon-bon candy isn't as easy as I thought

I know.  Somehow I've made a profiterole on another effort 🤔

A tip for drizzles - a bit of trial and error but Polar Inversion can do the trick

I'm saying no paper cups. It's a single piece of candy with or without decorations. :)

I think more clarity/ transparency is needed when outlining the OOTF theme.  

The criteria states a single chocolate bon bon .  Chocolate bon bons very often come with the casing as in their nature they're usually delicate things.

A single whole bon bon doesn't outline it one way or another IMO

It's a bit unfair when people spend the time and effort to enter the comps to move the goalposts slightly a week into the competition

There's  been other OOTFs when some entries haven't really met the specs' ... but allowed.

Surely it's got to be a level playing field across the board at all times ?

Just my 2 pence as surely we want people to enter, not put them off if their entry is 'disqual'ed'  ?

Edited by welshblue

That's too bad, considering what a great job @welshblue did on the paper cup. I remember making the paper cup for the cupcake OOTF theme. I was never satisfied with my version. Welshblue's is so much better.

I tend to agree that because the paper cups are so closely associated with box candy, they ought to be allowed; especially since two entries have them.

• Like 1

Thanks mate.  The case isn't that difficult ... I'll send you a pointer 😉

I'm not bothered that my entry isn't allowed, it's more the point of the brief/ criteria for this and future OOTFs I'm querying, so that people can know where they stand

Losing an hour of my life isn't worth getting stressed about,  when there's far worse going on out there for others right now

A disqualified competition entry with no monetary value v a child going through hell for example ... I'd have to be pretty shallow ... 

Edited by welshblue

I'm sorry @welshblue won't be able to submit a modified entry upon having flattened the project file. It was a worthy piece to view, with or without paper cup. If my opinion counts for anything, I'm not a big fan of flattening. I prefer to preserve all layers, and take notes of what I did to produce them for future reference, if possible, and hardly ever flatten anything at all unless strictly unavoidable. Just an idea :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Maximilian said:

I'm not a big fan of flattening.

Me neither 🤔

I only flattened to check something - then went to the door for my monthly chat with the Jehovah Witnesses

Sat back down 20 minutes later and for some reason clicked Don't Save 

Perhaps possibly inexplicably something somewhere didn't like my reasoning over religion  <cue X Files Music >

No big deal.  If I've time I'll try and recreate it

• Like 1

I'm sorry this particular OotF became confusing for everyone.  There are only so many things one can think of to elaborate on what is and what is not allowable.  As Host I think I will let the 'casing' be allowable in this instance, as they are shown in the link that @lynxster4 provided as examples.

Don't worry about it @Pixey ... in fact anyone

Unfortunately the bon bon went to the great recycle bin in the sky as I had a desktop purge at 4 a.m. ... you've got to do something to while away the hours when your wife has kicked you out of bed for drowning her in night sweats again.  Apparently HRT treatment will help ... but some would say I'm a big enough old woman as it is 🤨

Strangely my GP won't prescribe it ... 

@Pixey, wish I could have made a paper cup also.😕

On 2/16/2019 at 3:27 PM, lynxster4 said:

I'm saying no paper cups. It's a single piece of candy with or without decorations. :)

On 2/17/2019 at 9:39 AM, Pixey said:

I'm sorry this particular OotF became confusing for everyone.  There are only so many things one can think of to elaborate on what is and what is not allowable.  As Host I think I will let the 'casing' be allowable in this instance, as they are shown in the link that @lynxster4 provided as examples.

@doughty But the ban got lifted.  But, I will remove my cup as no one else took up the offer.