toe_head2001

Object of the Fortnight – Discussion thread

15 hours ago, MJW said:

Unfortunately, the approach I used for my first attempt didn't work out,

I used your height map plugins (no surprise there) liquify and lots of blurring. 

I would have liked to have seen your results, MJW...?

Thanks for your interesting responses, @welshblue, @Pixey, and @lynxster4. In case anyone is curious, my plan was to make a height map of a top view of the pepper, then use the View Skewer to rotate it to about a 45° view to form the top and, in a similar manner, the bottom. The problem was connecting the two ends to form the sides.  I tried a number of ideas, for example using Trail, but nothing panned out.  I still believe the method could have been made to work, given enough time and experimentation. (Of course, I would have still had to figure out how to make the off-angle stem, but I think I could have come up with something.)

I recently came up with some promising ideas regarding the View Skewer,  which I hope to someday incorporate into a substantially improved version. Right now, it's a useful plugin that's very difficult and frustrating to use.

• Like 1

When I picked the theme I thought it would be quite easy for us all.  What do they say ?  Make plans and god laughs

In case anyone is struggling who wants to enter - using MJW's Object Rounder

candlestick_silhouette.jpg

Blue and Grey because I kept correcting my mistakes as I went.  Draw - Object Rounder ... undo ... add/ delete Object Rounder etc etc

Popped in to see what was going on around here...these are fantastic! Unfortunately won't have time to join this round. Maybe another fortnight...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Seerose said:

<3 @Pixey!

Why is this topic closed? 

I don't know how the thread got Locked - weird!

• Like 1

I locked it yesterday afternoon to prevent illegitimate entries, as the deadline had past by more than 7 hours.

This is why I recommend using the autolock feature. Comp hosts won't always be online to manually lock topics when the deadline comes.

• Like 1

Yup - I totally forgot to lock it as well.  That's two boo-boos for me ............... so, fire me

:lol: