Object of the Fortnight - Discussion thread.

toe_head2001

12 hours ago, MJW said:

For the Belt Buckle theme, can the image include part of the belt or only the buckle?

I just knew - after I posted the theme, that I should have been a bit more specific 😁 Only the buckle please.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

No one ever said you have to create a realistic object for this competition.  For example, you could create your object in a watercolor style; which I think would still get a lot of votes.

• Like 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

@Seerose I know the task seems daunting, but it IS possible with a little help from previous tutorials.

I have just now posted an entry for this competition and this is how I did it.

1.  I made the shape of the buckle I wanted and then used this tutorial to make the metal part of it:

2.  On a new layer I used the following Plugin to make the flowers (using Dingbats)

3.  I then maneuvered them into place and then followed the first tutorial.  Where @welshblue used 'text on three layers' - I used the flowers instead.

4.  Then a bit of Gradient Mapping and voila.

I do hope you don't sit this one out :)

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

<3 @toe_head2001 and <3 @Pixey!

First, thank you for your answers. I can't do this alone. 
There are people who don't say because they don't dare.
So far I have only managed with tutorials, without tutorial I am simply unimaginative. 

Thanks again to both of you. :cake: :coffee: :cake: :coffee:

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed. Solid black or white background.

<3 @Pixey!

Can I create with background? Because; all tutorials with background made black. 

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

We changed the rules for just this OotF @Seerose so you can have either a Black background, or a white, or just transparent.  It's up to you :)

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I guess you are right @welshblue. Theoretically it did say flame/s.  I have deleted my entry and will also have to do the same for @Red ochre

I apologize to everyone as I should have been more specific :(

30b8T8B.gif

A flame is NOT an object - unless in the programming sense that it belongs in the class of living things. It eats, breathes oxygen and moves. A flame without a spirit is dead!

Thanks for waiting till the last minute to become so pedantic Timothy, no gamesmanship there. 🤣

• Like 1

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

I've left yours in the Poll @welshblue as they met the requirements.  I will have to be more 'woke' in the future when it comes to the specifics in the Comps 😧

30b8T8B.gif

Sorry there's no entry from me. I had a very specific idea of the image I wanted to produce, but not of how to produce it. I tried a number things, but none of the results was acceptable. Very frustrating!

On 11/2/2019 at 5:38 PM, Red ochre said:

Thanks for waiting till the last minute to become so pedantic Timothy, no gamesmanship there.

Long time watcher of the forums and would have to agree that welshblue employed gamesmanship to eliminate other entries to try and win

I also believe that he didn't make his second flame himself.  I call foul by him all across this competition and his work in general

• Like 1

SanDanDisco was warned by Ego Eram Reputo & banned two days later.  Some people never learn.

1 hour ago, SanDanDisco said:

... would have to agree that welshblue employed gamesmanship to eliminate other entries to try and win

He had a valid concern, and Pixey agreed with him.

As for the "last day" timing to eliminate competition:  Removing a wick can be as simple as unchecking a few Layers. It's not like a whole new image needs to be made. We're talking 5 minutes of work (conservative estimation).

2 hours ago, SanDanDisco said:

I also believe that he didn't make his second flame himself.  I call foul by him all across this competition and his work in general

You need to provide some evidence or a rationale. People are innocent until proven guilty.

Here is what I've observed:  He is talented with Paint.NET, as evidenced by his many tutorials.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

On 11/4/2019 at 5:48 PM, toe_head2001 said:

You need to provide some evidence or a rationale.

How is one meant to do that ?  His images are too good to be true.   Claiming all images are Paint.net made textures and objects when it is obvious they're not

From my observations I think he's a fake and judging by this comment here  not a nice one by mocking someone with a disability https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/115436-have-not-upgraded-due-to-this/?do=findComment&comment=564632 

Clique maybe,  in defense of him ?

SanDanDisco was warned by Ego Eram Reputo & banned two days later.  Some people never learn.

You assume because you couldn't do it, welshblue couldn't. It's quite easy for you to prove yourself wrong. Just go the the Tutorial forum, and look at welshblue's many excellent tutorials, such as his Brick tutorial. I have no doubt that if you saw the final images in competitions, you'd think he cheated. However, you can go through the tutorials step-by-step and produce the same images.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SanDanDisco said:

His images are too good to be true. 

You need to stop judging. There is no logic in your assertions. There is no need to accuse or cry foul just because your abilities to create are not to the level of one of our all time best users of Paint.net.

From a theoretical standpoint, couldn't you tell if someone was cheating by observing dithering i.e what it would look like going from 16 BPC Integer to 8 BPC Integer? That would be suspicious even if someone was using a plugin (I know there is something like this somewhere) or g'mic import high depth image designed for 8-bit processing.

Otherwise, there's no logical basis to claim cheating.

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

<3 @Maggie!

Hello and welcome to :PaintDotNet32:  forum.
You're one of the experts, too. 
Because new beginners can't create advanced things. :cake: :coffee:

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

45 minutes ago, Seerose said:

<3 @Maggie!

Hello and welcome to :PaintDotNet32:  forum.
You're one of the experts, too. 
Because new beginners can't create advanced things. :cake: :coffee:

Hi @Seerose!

Thank you for the welcome!

I'm very flattered that you would think so😌, but actually I'm not an expert or advanced, I'm a beginner. I 'drew' the notebook using the straight and curved line tool, used flood fill to add colors, and then added the shadows and highlights using TR's Dodge and Burn plugin and @BoltBait's Shadow plugin. Not advanced techniques at all-very easy to do. Anything that looks expert probably has to do with the fact that I'm a trained artist/illustrator...I just think of something I want to draw and it comes out of my head into my hand, even digital things 🤔. I have such a notebook as I drew on my desk here, and I just looked at it for reference.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I'll take all the abuse anyone wants to throw at me, but when they wish my family a long, slow painful death ... I won't have that.

I half expected my flame OOTW to be disqualified immediately. (I was primarily testing how to link an image from a my website).

@WB - I do think waiting a week, till just before the deadline to complain was very petty and frankly unkind.

Having said that, I have NOT private messaged you and have NOT wished you or your family dead.

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg