Request: Settings for Overscroll

I find the overscroll feature useful to some extent for being able to resize objects or create shapes near the edges of an image. However, some aspects of the feature are annoying enough for me to not use it at all. The first is that when I am zoomed out enough to not need to scroll, there is still overscroll (like this), which I don't really like; I'd prefer the image to always be centred if I'm not zoomed in. The second is that the area for overscrolling is far too large. Scrolling a little bit past the image (like this) is helpful, but a massive amount (like this) is just annoying.

So my two requests would be:

- An option to only use overscroll when you're zoomed in enough (i.e. when the scroll bar is already present)

- An setting where you can choose how far past the edge you want to be able to scroll - for instance, a fixed amount (10 pixels) or a dynamic amount (25% of the image size).

I realise this isn't really a hugely important feature, but I thought I'd put it out there because it's one I'd like to eventually see. Thanks :)

• Upvote 1

On 12/13/2016 at 11:29 PM, Yarrow said:

The first is that when I am zoomed out enough to not need to scroll, there is still overscroll (like this), which I don't really like; I'd prefer the image to always be centred if I'm not zoomed in.

Ctrl+Shift+B

Ctrl + B

• Upvote 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

5 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

Ctrl+Shift+B

You mean Ctrl+B right? (I looked it up after some confusion when Ctrl+Shift+B didn't do anything)

Anyway, that's really great, thanks! I also noticed it's also controlled by that little button by the zoom bar.

Still, I'd like to be able to have overscroll off completely when I'm zoomed out.

1 minute ago, Yarrow said:

You mean Ctrl+B right?

Indeed. My hand knows what keys to press, even if my conscious mind doesn't. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Yarrow said:

...Ctrl+Shift+B didn't do anything

It's used for "Zoom to Selection".

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

I agree with Yarrow. Take the cursor-based position and interpolate it with the position of the center of the screen. Find the zoom level at which the cursor-based position hides some of the image and use that zoom level as the point where the interpolation starts (0% interpolated with the center of the screen). When the zoom level is 100%, have the image at the center of the screen.

That;s my guess on how to do it, anyway.