How to Install Plugins ×

Dynamic Draw v3.3 (7/3/22)

NinthDesertDude

• 4 weeks later...

There's an alpha version of Brush Factory v3 (now called Dynamic Draw, because it's much clearer what it's about) available now
Welcoming as many testers as I can get :)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BDP said:

I want to place tufts of grass in selected places

Open Dynamic Draw on the image you want to draw grass on:

grass-brush.png

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

OK, I see that you have to keep the mouse button pressed, and then carefully move it left or right by a tiny amount. Before you could just click once, to get the desired brush effect, which was far easier. Thank you, Pixey

Brian

Sorted. In Special Settings, uncheck Rotate With Mouse - that does the business!

Edited by BDP
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, BDP said:

Sorted. In Special Settings, uncheck Rotate With Mouse

Well, I learned something new today :) thanks.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

5 hours ago, BDP said:

OK, you got me! How do I place just a single brush? I want to place tufts of grass in selected places

Try upping the Draw Distance setting. This makes the minimum mouse movement larger between image stamps - so you don't get a 'chain' of closely spaced images.

13 minutes ago, Pixey said:

Sadly this doesn't help

BDP's issue is solved already (and prior known)

4 hours ago, BDP said:

In Special Settings, uncheck Rotate With Mouse - that does the business!

It's known though for decently sized brushes, it shouldn't be too difficult to move the mouse to make a single stamp. It's just a matter of not tracking mouse rotation until you're holding down the mouse. The initial click when rotate with mouse is on should still incorporate the mouse direction, as users usually keep moving the brush afterwards. So it may be funky when a user clicks and the brush is at some angle. I think if I checked the start & end brush stroke positions, if it's within the min draw distance and brush density bounds, I can treat it as a click without direction information.

• NinthDesertDude changed the title to Dynamic Draw v3 (Christmas 2021)

Released version 3 fixing a lot of things and implementing some important requests, the biggest which is overwrite and erasing.

Basic tablet support for huion/wacom with pressure sensitivity
It might work with other tablets too. Check out the pressure sensitivity section, where you can map pressure to settings.

GUI changes and tweaks everywhere

Including bugfixes, substantial improvements to everything, performance increases, and there's even a toolbar at the top now.

Eraser tool, Overwrite blend mode
Overwrite blend mode at 255 transparency is what most people expect from an eraser. Eraser erases back to the image as it was when opened.
6qQ6RRh.png
Brushes
You can permanently save settings as brushes. There's some default ones too.

Symmetry origin and Multi-point symmetry mode

The symmetry origin tool lets you change the symmetry location. Switch to the symmetry origin tool while in multi-point mode to click to define offsets of the mouse where it will draw in brush mode. Right-click near one to delete it, or ctrl + right click to delete all.
Tjl1Fpf.png

Canvas rotation and zoom clamp
You can now rotate the canvas. It rotates around the center right now, so if you're zoomed in, it might look weird. Zooming clamps to the edges, so you have to try a lot harder to lose the canvas. But if you do, pressing zero will bring it back.
7RUy78z.png

HSV color mixing
When No Mixing is off, you can now mix the brush color with the original colors. All default images are gradients now, just for more fun.

Seamless drawing
No guarantees when the brush is larger than the canvas, otherwise it'll be seamless.
6PDxlO4.png (also shows HSV mixing with a heart brush)

Edited by NinthDesertDude
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1
  • Hooray 1

:star:

Some really good stuf in there ^.

Unfortunately my problems with the Ugee M1000L persist. What I've found:

According to the Setup utility, pressure sensitivity is being sensed

image.png

The placement of the BF/DD editing window is useable only on the primary monitor.

I'll keep playing....

1 hour ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

The placement of the BF/DD editing window is useable only on the primary monitor.

I'm not sure what this means. Is it something I can fix?

The mouse problems are even more extreme if I'm using the Brush Factory/ DirectDraw window on my second monitor. I'm guessing this is because the placement of the doubled pointer is still on the primary monitor.

I did get it to work briefly using the tablet yesterday - but I was unable to reproduce the settings which made it happen.

A reboot seems to have made it much more stable. I'm actually able to use the tablet to draw stuff!

I'll keep playing and report back.

I am experiencing an error when selecting the Dynamic Draw plugin (Effects/Tools/Dynamic Draw), using Windows 11 Home 64 bit,

I am NOT using a graphics tablet:

File: C:\Program Files\paint.net\Effects\DynamicDraw.dll
      Name: DynamicDraw.EffectPlugin
      Version: 3.0.0.3434
      Author: NinthDesertDude
      Copyright: Copyright 2021 NinthDesertDude
      Website: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/forum/7-plugins-publishing-only/
      Full error message: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'WintabDN, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'WintabDN, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
   at DynamicDraw.WinDynamicDraw..ctor()
   at DynamicDraw.EffectPlugin.CreateConfigDialog()
   at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffectImpl(IEffectInfo effectInfo) in D:\src\pdn\src_4_3_x\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 848

Could you please assist me?  Thanking you in advance,

Jean

38 minutes ago, Jean Jester said:

Could not load file or assembly 'WintabDN, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

Is the WintabDN.dll file present in the DynamicDraw folder?

1 hour ago, Jean Jester said:

File: C:\Program Files\paint.net\Effects\DynamicDraw.dll

You have installed the plugin incorrectly.

The 3 files should be placed into a subfolder, like so:

image.png

• Upvote 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

• 3 weeks later...

Custom colours appear to disappear upon re-entering the plugin.

As well, shift modes are unusable for two reasons:

1. the shifted state is preserved upon releasing the brush.

2. Exceeding 0 or maximum value doesn't reset to the original setting, but instead overflows back into zero or maximum value.

I cannot work with this - it needs consistency.

A good tool otherwise.

Edited by Abstruse

On 1/29/2022 at 12:21 PM, Abstruse said:

Custom colours appear to disappear upon re-entering the plugin.

As well, shift modes are unusable for two reasons:

1. the shifted state is preserved upon releasing the brush.

2. Exceeding 0 or maximum value doesn't reset to the original setting, but instead overflows back into zero or maximum value.

I cannot work with this - it needs consistency.

A good tool otherwise.

User color is taken only on the first time running the plugin. All subsequent runs use the color that was last set from the previous time the plugin ran. Color management / palette work is high on the list of things to improve.

1. Yep, agreed. It's silly. The plugin was much more experimental when I wrote the feature than it should be anymore. Shifting should also be set between a range. On the list to do.

2. Depends on which thing is shifting, all of those are intentional, but when shifting is rewritten, you'll be able to set the edge behavior.

Thanks for the feedback

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. Any news on the error I continue to receive? - still happening in 4.3.8. If I don't restart PDN then the brush shape is applied, but the error is consistent when either OK or Cancel is selected.

Best

DDError.jpg

8 hours ago, Panchdara said:

Hi. Any news on the error I continue to receive?

Fixed it just now if you remove the existing version and then download it again from the same place.

• Like 1