How to Install Plugins ×

Dynamic Draw v3.3 (7/3/22)

NinthDesertDude

I was able to reproduce the problem by setting Scaling in Windows to 125%.
jyJxS6.png

After setting Scaling to 100% the problem remained until I closed and reopened Paint.net.

On 3/8/2021 at 6:48 PM, ardneh said:

I was able to reproduce the problem by setting Scaling in Windows to 125%.
jyJxS6.png

After setting Scaling to 100% the problem remained until I closed and reopened Paint.net.

Hi Ardneh, thanks for your suggestion. I played with this idea too earlier on. My laptop is set to 150% by default in Windows. But even with changing the settings to 100% (with everything really small) as you did, it did not make a difference for the two issues I raised including this one. 

11 hours ago, pdn_user999 said:

Hi Ardneh, thanks for your suggestion. I played with this idea too earlier on. My laptop is set to 150% by default in Windows. But even with changing the settings to 100% (with everything really small) as you did, it did not make a difference for the two issues I raised including this one. 

Thanks for the detailed steps. I can't reproduce the error with them, so I'm wondering what your screen resolution is, and if you could attach the image or an image with the same dimensions so I can try these steps with that.

On 3/11/2021 at 12:30 AM, Joshua Lamusga said:

Thanks for the detailed steps. I can't reproduce the error with them, so I'm wondering what your screen resolution is, and if you could attach the image or an image with the same dimensions so I can try these steps with that.

My screen resolution is 1920 x 1080. Sample image attached.

sample image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I experience a crash when I attempt to execute the effect from the tools menu. Hope it's okay I attached a crash log. I'd love to figure out how to get some brushes going so I can paint tentacles for a Twitch overlay design idea. pdncrash.7.log

x0x20HJ.pngTZ7aY3b.png

Hello @T E A L you can run your crash log through the gizmo we have here: 

I ran it for you and it shows that you are running an older version of paint.net.  Please update to the latest version to avoid crashes :)

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• NinthDesertDude changed the title to Brush Factory v2.0.2 (May 3rd, 2021)

Should've fixed it half a year ago, but I put it off. BrushFactorySettings.xml should be automatically created if it doesn't exist, so the plugin is no longer inaccessible to basically everyone. Sorry for that delay.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

One bug I'd like to report: if you have 17 custom brushes, the ones near the bottom will start to go below the bottom of the scrollbar, and if you add an 18th brush, the brush factory just crashes. (the size of the images doesn't appear to matter: i've tried resizing some of them to make them smaller)

these are the details, in case they're required:

Exception details:
System.OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory.
   at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement)
   at BrushFactory.WinBrushFactory.BrushLoadingWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

43 minutes ago, Auginator110011 said:

System.OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory.
   at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement)

Looks like your crash is actually caused by an image file that .NET can't handle.

Can you ZIP up this 18th brush file and share it with us?

• Upvote 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

• NinthDesertDude changed the title to Brush Factory v2.0.3 (Aug 15th, 2021)

Hey all, I don't have a ton of time these days, but after getting the last two updates in from toehead and xchellx (fantastic bugfixes, guys!) I decided to try getting tablet support for BrushFactory once again. I tried a different tact, found a library pretty quick and started integrating things. Long story short, about 6 hours and I've got things working decently, including pressure sensitivity! Tested on my Huion tablet, so that's a good start.

I'll need to set up the GUI to allow people to make use of pressure sensitivity so they can map it to brush size, transparency, hue shift, etc. to get flexibility similar to photoshop or krita. When I'm all ready, I'll ask people to test with their own setup and after fixing bugs, I'll release. Positive news for tablet folks. :)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Awesome. Please add me to your list of testers.

UPDATE: I've got a Ugee M1000L

• Upvote 1

Nearly done with initial V3 updates. Highlights:

- interface improvements, a few convenient new keyboard shortcuts, and a tool selection menu

- new eraser and set symmetry origin tools, new multipoint symmetry mode, automatic brush density handling for finer lines

- tablet pressure sensitivity with controls to bind it to affect settings (older demo here)

- custom brushes to save your settings (the old "custom brushes" is renamed to "custom brush images")
- subpixel rendering to reduce artifacts
- canvas rotation support and mild performance gains
- the start of blend modes, currently normal and overwrite mode are supported

Edited by NinthDesertDude
some blend modes supported

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Zyst said:

I can't find it on google drive, are there older versions available to download so I can install on v4.0?

Please read the site rules... specifically #7:

https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/2932-read-first-the-rules-yes-you-read-this-2013-12-21/#7

1 hour ago, Zyst said:

I can't find it on google drive, are there older versions available to download so I can install on v4.0?

Yeah it's versioned all the way out, I just don't have the link shared everywhere and maybe I should

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6r81tGW7hODamRJTlh5cnVRdk0?resourcekey=0-Y-Q8BXn0rPSPrelbIW22Bw&usp=sharing

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kudos on great job done!

I've nstalled BushFactory.dll version 2.0.3.0 on paint.net 4.3.2 . Win10Pro Ver 20H2. Only one tab is seen on full screen. No way to control BushFactory screen size. Also Window Minimize action doesn't work.

Please help.

Thanks

Michael

BrushFactory1.jpg

Edited by Michaeltv
Updated

57 minutes ago, Michaeltv said:

Only one tab is seen on full screen

Witch tab is missing ? Screenshot looks OK

1 hour ago, Michaeltv said:

No way to control BushFactory screen size

For what ?

Please read this from the 1st page :

On 12/11/2016 at 4:48 AM, NinthDesertDude said:

To see all Tabs in one line. They are wrapped on my screen.

I'm working on a version which uses expanding buttons instead of tabs because I ran into the vertical tabs problem. It would fix this issue by not using tabs.

Does anybody knows is't possible to use brush as eraser with controlled opasity?

The version I'm working on has an eraser mode that works with all regular brush settings including opacity (except symmetry modes, well for now anyway)

1 hour ago, Rle said:

No way to control BushFactory screen size

I don't remember why adjusting the screen size isn't possible, but it used to work on absolute coordinates and the latest version uses flexible containers that probably would allow resizing the plugin window without getting wonky. It's worth looking into, if I can do it with the pdn effect dialog

Thanks for raising the points. I think when version 3.0 is released, most of these will be answered.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1