Brush Factory v2.0.3 (Aug 15th, 2021)

Hey all, I don't have a ton of time these days, but after getting the last two updates in from toehead and xchellx (fantastic bugfixes, guys!) I decided to try getting tablet support for BrushFactory once again. I tried a different tact, found a library pretty quick and started integrating things. Long story short, about 6 hours and I've got things working decently, including pressure sensitivity! Tested on my Huion tablet, so that's a good start.

I'll need to set up the GUI to allow people to make use of pressure sensitivity so they can map it to brush size, transparency, hue shift, etc. to get flexibility similar to photoshop or krita. When I'm all ready, I'll ask people to test with their own setup and after fixing bugs, I'll release. Positive news for tablet folks. :)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Untitled.png.28dedeebdce78c42589f24716981923f.png

Awesome. Please add me to your list of testers.

UPDATE: I've got a Ugee M1000L

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Things done for V3 while I'm still feelin' inspired:

- interface improvements and a tool selection menu

- new eraser and set symmetry origin tools, new multipoint symmetry mode

- tablet pressure sensitivity with controls to bind it to affect settings (older demo here)

- custom brushes to save your settings (the old "custom brushes" is renamed to "custom brush images")

- custom keyboard shortcuts

Not sure I'll be adding any kind of smoothing because I figured out how to get thin lines with Brush Factory as it stands today; I just needed to reduce brush density for small brush sizes. I can bind tablet pressure sensitivity and brush size together to get some pretty decent behavior. Although smoothing later would be nice.

Now I'm thinking about a color palette and changing the right-click menu to be more effective.

A more useful right-click menu would be lovely.

anyway I'm still going strong

Edited by NinthDesertDude
added keyboard shortcuts, custom brush settings

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Zyst said:

I can't find it on google drive, are there older versions available to download so I can install on v4.0?

Please read the site rules... specifically #7:

https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/2932-read-first-the-rules-yes-you-read-this-2013-12-21/#7

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game

1 hour ago, Zyst said:

I can't find it on google drive, are there older versions available to download so I can install on v4.0?

Yeah it's versioned all the way out, I just don't have the link shared everywhere and maybe I should

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6r81tGW7hODamRJTlh5cnVRdk0?resourcekey=0-Y-Q8BXn0rPSPrelbIW22Bw&usp=sharing

• Thanks 1