Pictorium - Pastorross

Pastorross

DcDiLf6.png  Zebra Crossing. Shadows are all wrong, but the illusion somehow works.

nPwajab.png Created from a photo I liked of the sea and made the table from the textures of the photograph, added shadows, then rippled the whole thing to look like a wall hanging. Love the effect. Love using paint.net

oKGMZOQ.png   Paint Spill uses the spaces between the letters to form the words.                 

zJzEQ7L.png This drawing is called "Worship from a wounded heart". It's a religious piece. 

q3GzJv9.png    Angel wings. Really liked the effect of this. Colours came from a photo of the sky flying home from Europe (from the plane window).

2SKta2O.png  Another take on Angel Wings. Soft effect and colours from the sky at sunset from a plane window.

LYHXaUn.png    The words Lost and Found are made from the space between the two words. It took ages to get the rust effect.

f16bKCk.png    Again, fiddling around with the spaces between the words. Picture for a blog. 

klWGuOO.png  This started off using an ancient coin for the middle and ended up as quite a nice shield and sword. The shield is marked by the fight already.

yZ4MiMA.png   This was created from scratch also, to depict "age" but based on some photos I liked with light coming through a window. First came the floor, giving it perspective and texture, then the light from the window and giving it perspective over the top, then rays of light coming from somewhere above and finally the old man and his shadow with a little vignette to finish. I was really pleased with the result. Love using Paint.net.

ZxooUlx.png  Old table-top truck. Build this up piece by piece, layer by layer until I achieved the effect I wanted. Has atmosphere. Reminds me of an old farm. 

rGa33g9.png  All Seeing Eye. Experimenting with getting glass effects.

dxZYJ2I.png  Glass Portrait. Wanted to get the effect of glass in the shadows. It has partially worked. 

mkabE12.png  I have called this "Jealousy" which eats away at a persons soul and their ability to see reality. Did this for my blog.

W8lb5rb.png Goats. I like this collage effect. Created for my blog on a story in the Bible about Jacob.

X6Yo4K3.png  This looks like a Space man but look closer. His head is made of a camera. His body is a latch from a case, His arms are pipes. His legs are those of an elephant. Loved experimenting with this.

LJNmOTX.png   Removal Van Blues. used different textures to create boxes. 

U1JQfAY.png Just having fun with Smudge and Liquify. Where is that Cat?

LguXU07.pngAustralian Pelican landing on water. Used distortion addon for the water and fiddled with the reflections. Background photo from a photo I took in Europe of a beautiful sky and Pelican photo I took while on holidays recently at the Entrance in Australia. Distorted some colours for the spray of water on yet another layer. Created shadows etc. The Pelican was simply flying up onto a cement landing but I used it to make this picture instead. Loved the result.

IIEZYV9.pngKey to Internet

Welcome to the forum @Pastorross.   Very inventive image.

A small tip:  Instead of copying and pasting the link, why don't you copy and paste the 'IMG thumb' instead? Then that would give us a preview of your artwork.

Thanks for sharing.  Looking forward to seeing more of your work.   :)

EDIT:  I just love 'Angel Wings'!

3 hours ago, lynxster4 said:

A small tip:  Instead of copying and pasting the link, why don't you copy and paste the 'IMG thumb' instead? Then that would give us a preview of your artwork.

Great idea :D PB is so bloated these days with advertisement.

Your image is so well done. The texture of the tin is really great but the cleverness of the text with the paint spill is just the best. Fabbo! Hope there is more to come :D

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Welcome @Pastorross.  I just love this image of yours - it really 'pops' :D.  A fantastic image indeed!

I can highly recommend using Imgur for 'thumbs'.  It's much quicker to view images and there are no adverts.  All you do is save to Imgur and then copy the last 7 characters of the image code, click on that little black box with the green circle - top right of this Tool Bar - add the 7 characters to the box and you're set B).  Now you have a clickable image.

Example:

mue2BfO.png

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

WOW!  These are fantastic!  You are very accomplished.  Love using paint.net.   :D

Edited Saturday at 10:55 PM by Pastorross
"Thanks for teaching me about the thumbnail link. I presume I just keep adding various pieces of artwork here, all in one stream?
"

@Pastorross - if you want all your images kept together in one place (as I do in my Gallery) you must go to Edit at the bottom of the very first post you made and add the new pieces that way.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Hey @Pastorross, your 'old table-top truck' has been promoted to the Galleria.

Congratulations :)

Archived