LionsDragon

LionsDragon's Gallery--Sarn House, Main Room

Thank you! I have way, WAY too much fun with Shape 3D. :) This house in question has at least two more (the book doesn't go into much detail about the layout). Next up: making a loom.

Great amount of detail and work gone into it.  Nice sense of ye olde in there.  Like Lynxster' I'm looking forward to seeing how it progresses

Totally uninteresting fact ...   Welsh - Sarn  English - Stepping stone

Edited by welshblue
  • Like 1

Thank you! Some of the bits I have been working on for over a year.

Also, there's no such thing as an uninteresting language fact (used to be a librarian, moi). This one actually had me squeeing; the book is set in Shropshire, so everyone is basically Welsh at heart. The name Sarn now makes SO much sense in context (narrator has a very ambitious brother). ❤️

• Like 1

What a cozy looking nook (sorry, Sarn) @LionsDragon I applaud your use of Shape 3D - a plugin I much admire, but don't totally understand how to use.  A lot of detail in that room, from the ceiling to the floor, and that bed cover looks very inviting.  Great work :) 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LionsDragon said:

This one actually had me squeeing

I love that word.  Squeeing.  It conjures up so many images 😀

It's weird, we're about 50 miles from the Shropshire border and Welsh is predominant amongst the 'locals' ... but go 20 miles up the road and you hear the accent changing.  And hardly any Welsh being spoken.  It's a joke locally that Tractor becomes Tractorrrr once you go past a certain point

I'm with you.  Words and dialects ... very interesting.

Another fact, there's a village named Sarn about 30 miles away (blink and you've gone through it), and another down Soufff Wales in Bridgend

• Like 1

First off, very nice window! I love the textures and the attention to detail that you put into that. The roomscape is amazing too! I honestly wouldn't know where to start with one if I tried.

• Like 1