LionsDragon

LionsDragon's Gallery--Sarn House, Main Room

That is so pretty and illuminating.  I like how wispy it is and soft and inviting, all at the same time :)

• Like 1

It shines. There's something very alluring about the whole image.  The fog really adds to the whole atmosphere by adding the grainy softness.

Great piece

• Like 1

It very pretty. It has a nice "harmony" .  Well Done. clap.gif

But if is a restaurant across the street why can't I read the menu in the window?......Oh, Wait I get it, this is like one of those, alligators- er-  Allegories  ☺️

On 2/6/2019 at 12:17 AM, Scooter said:

It very pretty. It has a nice "harmony" .  Well Done. clap.gif

But if is a restaurant across the street why can't I read the menu in the window?......Oh, Wait I get it, this is like one of those, alligators- er-  Allegories  ☺️

EEp, can't believe I missed this!

Actually, the restaurant is closed; hence the lack of menu. :(

If anybody can find the music of the spheres, it's this guy. Dr. Brian May, astrophysicist and rock god.

gkSdu8H.png

Edited by LionsDragon
  • Like 7

That's a really cool image.  I love the way you've detailed Brian May (G'Mic?) he really stands out against the background and the circles ... great to see you posting art again 😀

• Like 1

@welshblue thank you! Believe it or not, no G'MIC. I duplicated the picture of him, ran Sharpen and Dragan Effect (twice)  on the bottom layer, then ran Photo Glow on the top and set blend mode > Overlay.

On 6/9/2019 at 7:35 AM, JulioCoolio said:

Great image and I agree with the comments above. Haven't really heard of this group, but excellent job with putting the focus on him.

...Dude. Expect a PM.

So, I was watching a bit of medieval reconstruction when I remembered there was something odd about medieval glass I'd wanted to research. The short version: glass in many parts of northern and western Europe used to be made with wood ash to provide some of the necessary chemistry, so it had an interesting green-gold effect and was called "forest glass."

Here's a window with forest glass and leading; I have been considering a medieval house model (from my favorite book) for some time, so now I at least have the windows for it!

GGOObVL.png

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Great job on the frames, it's definitely got an oak look going on.  

And you've captured the darkness of medieval times brilliantly with the glass colours.

Would have just hated to live with all the darkness back then ... looking forward to the house 😀

• Like 1

This is really very well done @LionsDragon  A very polished image :lightning:

The woodwork frame and the lattice work are perfect and the forest glass is spectacular :star: Can't wait to see the house that goes with it :D

• Like 1

"The room was all dim like a cave, and the red fire burning still and watchful seemed like the eye of the Lord. There was a little red eye in every bit of ware on the dresser too, where it caught the gleam." --Precious Bane chapter 2, "Telling the Bees."

Can't see much of the window in this shot, buuut there's more to come.

sWAt357.png

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2