LionsDragon's Gallery--Happy Everything

LionsDragon

Thanks! That's actually what I was thinking! (The funny part is, this is a really nice area--but it looks so spooky at night.)

1496930299_DraconicSig.png.8e49d04e5ce393bdcdf9f0dfb54bf1c8.png

Just love this image @LionsDragon!    <3     It's calming and relaxing for me.   B)   Great work!

Edited by lynxster4
  • Like 1

I just love it <3 and - Yes - it does look like a scene from a mystery novel.  Lovely rendition and those trees are beautiful :star:

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Thank you, @Seerose! I thought it was pretty magical, too, and wanted to share.

@welshblue, the name does sound that way, doesn't it? Never even occurred to me, d'oh! I was looking for a holiday light display, actually, but found this instead.

• 1 month later...

So. I've suffered from anxiety for as long as I can remember. Between the car accident and some other jarring news, my mental state has been...less than ideal.

This, for me, is what a panic attack feels like.

rlm1Kzq.png

• Like 4

<3 Dear @LionsDragon! Your fears can draw so well. I think it's good that you write about it. 

Thank you also that you are so honest. I hug you.  :cake: :coffee:

• Like 1

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

I feel ya @LionsDragon    I suffered frequent panic/anxiety attacks some years ago (thank God, they have abated).

It requires tremendous strength and willpower not to let it happen. The racing of the heart and the start of hyperventilation are enough to scare anyone.

Hang in there my dear.  Like Pixey said, "One day at a time".  <3

• Like 1

Well THAT is a tour de force .The emotion portrayed is very raw. 

Please give yourself a "gold star" , a bite  of bonbon and a soothing cup of Chamomile.  

p.s. And don't let the unicorn tell you he's not been fed, there is dry food in his bowl.  

• Like 1

Scooter

Age is only  a number --in my case a Really BIG number, but there you have it

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

Thank you, everyone, for the reassurance. Been a nerve-wracking month so far. This picture was hard to make and harder to post, but worth it; she needed to get out.

@Pixey, thank you! I try but sometimes it seems like several days attack me at once!

@welshblue, thanks! I can relate...the anxiety's always been there, but the panic attacks started almost six months to the day after my favorite uncle died. It felt like a heart attack. *shudders* Thank goodness for modern medicine!

@barbieq25, thank you. It comes and goes lately. I really prefer the "go" parts!

@Seerose, thank you hon! *hugs back* It was cathartic, even if the picture came out kinda disturbing.

@lynxster4, thank you! Glad yours have abated. The ones that are just physical are *somewhat* more bearable, although they're all ghastly. The racing thoughts are the worst.

@Scooter, thank you! The bonbon and tea worked wonders, and the gold star was a nice addition to my collection of celestial goodies. :) And the only critters I trust when it comes to food are birds; cats, dogs, unicorns, all the rest of them exaggerate. Greedy buggers. ;)

Thank you all, my dear friends. You have no idea what a healing place this is. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful composition @LionsDragon !   :)   Love it!    <3 

Combining techniques is sometimes a good thing!

• Like 1

On 2/6/2018 at 6:46 AM, lynxster4 said:

Beautiful composition @LionsDragon !   :)   Love it!    <3 

Combining techniques is sometimes a good thing!

Thank you! I've always liked mixed-media IRL, so I figured...why not? :)

• Like 1

On 2/6/2018 at 10:01 AM, Seerose said:

<3 Dear @LionsDragon! Very nice combination. Fabulous work all round. :trophy: Thank you so much. :coffee: :cake:

Thank you! I almost added a textile part, but realized that would be a BIT much!

On 2/6/2018 at 10:09 AM, Pixey said:

Oooh - that is definitely worthy of being on a wall.  It's great @LionsDragon as it's got shiny, metally and glossy too :star:

Thank you for the idea! I added it to my shop. :D

On 2/9/2018 at 12:53 PM, welshblue said:

To quote George Bernard Shaw ... You use a mirror to see your face; you use works of art to see your soul

To that point, I always get how much of yourself you put into your work.  Really nice amalgamation

*blush* Thanks! I'm a big believer in art therapy and art as an active meditation. I tend to see it as taking out a damaged soul-piece and letting new growth replace it.

I dream of inventing new textures the way you, @lynxster4, @Pixey, @dipstick, @Woodsy, and @MadJik do. Practice, practice!

On 2/9/2018 at 2:59 PM, Maximilian said:

I second what welshblue said above! JC_you_rock.gif

Aww, thank you! I'm just trying to rock as hard as the rest of you do. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Poison Blue was a legend, and so was Eddie Barber....

KpytZ6I.png

This piece has its origins, of all places, in something I read about the way bottles of rodent poisons etc. used to be sold. They were ridged glass usually in a pretty shade of cobalt blue, and I commented I would have trouble not calling it "Poison Blue" from here on out. Next thing I know, I'm writing a short little piece about a musician from Saint Paul's Rondo Neighborhood and his supernatural trumpet...yeah. The Lion and I were discussing expanding this into an animated short, but that's gonna have to wait because we're getting ready to move from Saint Paul back to our home state of Wisconsin. As it stands, it's a love letter to an amazing city.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2