LionsDragon's Gallery--Happy Everything

LionsDragon

@LionsDragon You're welcome. :)

I don't use them much. But, upon testing what can I do with them, they're good for creating 'chaos'. I can't help creating chaotic things to, then, start looking for shapes or figures... It's kind of like searching images in clouds or forests. Also, both fractals are good for effects. X]

Oh, that. o.o The only advice I can give is something I caught from just observing and practicing. Shapes are the base for a drawing. It doesn't matter if it's cartoon-ish, anime/manga, semi-realistic or realistic.

I didn't know that. o.o

(Please, be careful. Some of the sites I'm on might not be family-friendly. 😱 )

3 hours ago, Beta0 said:

@LionsDragon You're welcome. :)

I don't use them much. But, upon testing what can I do with them, they're good for creating 'chaos'. I can't help creating chaotic things to, then, start looking for shapes or figures... It's kind of like searching images in clouds or forests. Also, both fractals are good for effects. X]

I like making "fire and ice" pieces with them, which is part of why I had the idea to add fractals to this image.

3 hours ago, Beta0 said:

Oh, that. o.o The only advice I can give is something I caught from just observing and practicing. Shapes are the base for a drawing. It doesn't matter if it's cartoon-ish, anime/manga, semi-realistic or realistic.

...That helps immensely, believe it or not! I guess I never thought to break drawings down that way....

3 hours ago, Beta0 said:

I didn't know that. o.o

Well, I think this is the first time I've mentioned it on the forums.

1496930299_DraconicSig.png.8e49d04e5ce393bdcdf9f0dfb54bf1c8.png

@LionsDragon That's good. :)

Yep! It kind of helps with body proportions. Almost every tutorial about drawing/sketching advises it.

Oh. Sorry for bringing it up. :(

Well. Now I feel very silly. I always skipped that step as a kid. That could be why I never learned to draw.

On 5/22/2017 at 1:32 AM, Beta0 said:

Oh. Sorry for bringing it up. :(

Dude, no worries! I brought it up, remember? :) I have glaucoma, the type where my eye pressure spikes really suddenly. I thought it was a migraine triggered by my ragweed allergy. :P

@LionsDragon No need to feel that. I used to draw without doing shapes. They would come out weird without a good 'foundation' (not sure if it's called like that.) So, it takes time to get good at drawing. :)

Okay. Had to look it up. I hope that's getting treated. :)

On 5/25/2017 at 2:22 AM, Beta0 said:

@LionsDragon No need to feel that. I used to draw without doing shapes. They would come out weird without a good 'foundation' (not sure if it's called like that.) So, it takes time to get good at drawing. :)

This explains a lot of my frustrations. Boy, if I could have a word with my younger self for being so impatient!

On 5/25/2017 at 2:22 AM, Beta0 said:

Okay. Had to look it up. I hope that's getting treated. :)

It is! Just had a check up today, in fact, and my doctor was surprised to discover I've regained a little vision in my right eye. :)

So on that note--cake for everybody! :cake:

• 4 weeks later...

Your doing some nice work LD, very stylish.

I'm out of reps but luv your feline looking dragons.

Great subject, might have to have a go @ making a dragon myself soon.

Good onya LD :-)

• Upvote 1

Sig.jpg

“Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see further.”

― Thomas Carlyle

Meet Isgerdr (Ice-sheltered), McKenna's grumpy older sister. I think their parents may have been an inter-elemental marriage.

NRsVFgH.png

I'm also trying my hand--errr, mouse--at digital painting. Here's the late, great David Bowie; wish I knew what he was singing! (I like to think it's "Let's Dance.")

bJLb28k.png

Edited by LionsDragon
  • Upvote 5

Wow!  The David Bowie is fantastic - very impressive for a first try at painting :bmw:B).  Excellent progress indeed.

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Both are very good! The David Bowie one is just fantastic as a first attempt. I can hardly wait to see what else you will do with this style.

• Upvote 1
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

*squee!* @barbieq25, thank you!

I'm working on a portrait of David Byrne right now...the shading on his nose is tricky, but it's a good thing to learn.

Is the David Bowie portrait a thumbnail to a larger image? If so, I can't get to load it scratch_one-s_head.gifI can view the bigger Isgerdr if I click on its thumbnail, but when I click on Bowie only a blank page shows up JC_thinking.gif

• Upvote 1

Oh weird...yes, it's supposed to be a thumbnail. Let me see what's going on.

EDIT: added a more direct link.

Edited by LionsDragon
  • Upvote 1

It's super weird that I remain unable to access the full size image (now I get a "file not found" error) :/ but now I see a popup window with a little bigger thumbnail. Despite the persistent difficulties, I can see the portrait a little better now :):trophy:

• Like 1