LionsDragon

LionsDragon's Gallery--Day at the Races

I think I should probably stick to portraits of real people instead of trying to make them from scratch...or maybe I should just stick to chariots. ;) Horse shapes by the inimitable @lynxster4!

imNkxEI.png

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Ohhhh - how I wish I knew where she was off to, and what she would be doing when she gets there :happeh:.  That's a mighty good looking chariot she has there, not to mention those horses :star:

• Like 1

Thank you @Seerose! I thought the chariot was the hardest part, and then I started drawing her. Eek!

Thanks @Pixey! I'm sure she would like to tell us once her driver gets back from the charioteer's room.

Sorry about being a troll (again)...

the Egyptians used to be represented the head in profile, never full face.

Great composition. I wouldn't diss her ... I think you've done a great job. The chariot and the horses look great too. The sky is really fitting

The only thing you should maybe consider next time is smaller grains for the sand?

I've mini tut for sand on a memory stick somewhere ... I'll dig it out if it's any use

@MadJik yes I know, but I'm not confident at all in my profile drawing (yet). Technically the torso should be the only part facing the viewer while the rest is in profile; this was how they believed they showed the most attractive parts of humans IIRC. I'm hoping to become more proficient in profiles so I can create them accurately. :)

As a side note, I tried standing like that once as a kid and fell over! Clearly, the Egyptians were far more graceful than I!

• Like 1

Thank you @welshblue! And yes, I would love love LOVE that tutorial!

It started out as @MadJik's textured floor/gravel effect, but it didn't fit the picture at all. Thus, the sand; unfortunately, if we look at scale accurately, she's zipping around on a desert full of marbles. :P

@lynxster4 thank you! <3 She started out as a facial study, and then the Lion mentioned he wanted to see her in a "b----ing chariot." Et voila! And your horses were exactly what she needed! Ipuki is the one rearing (red stars on blanket) and Kahmet is the serious one (with yellow stars).

4 hours ago, LionsDragon said:

she's zipping around on a desert full of marbles. :P

... but just think of the skill she needs to pilot the chariot on them ;)

I found that memory stick and it's actually more realistic than I remember, I'll get it sorted for you

5 hours ago, LionsDragon said:

Technically the torso should be the only part facing the viewer while the rest is in profile; this was how they believed they showed the most attractive parts of humans IIRC.

The view of the artist is always "artistic"!:)

1 hour ago, welshblue said:

... but just think of the skill she needs to pilot the chariot on them ;)

I found that memory stick and it's actually more realistic than I remember, I'll get it sorted for you

This could be why the charioteer made a break for it actually....

Brilliant! Thank you!

1 hour ago, MadJik said:

The view of the artist is always "artistic"!:)

Or "chiropractic" in the case of the old Egyptian murals!