How to Install Plugins ×

The Plugin Browser v2.0.0.1 (Oct 15, 2023)

toe_head2001

Only yesterday I downloaded the plugin Broswer 1.3.0.2 and since crashed Paint.net.

(I read and waited months ago about the problems with Broswer 1.3.0.2 in the hope

that the problem was solved. 
I'll add two crash reports as an attachment

Thanks in advance for your help :-))))))

Application    paint.net v4.1.5 (Final 4.105.6913.325)
Build Date    Mittwoch, 5. Dezember 2018
Install type    Classic

Hardwarebeschleunigtes Rendern (GPU)    True
Animationen    True
DPI    96,00 (1,00x scale)
Sprache    de

OS    Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 x64 (6.1.7601.65536) (0x3)
.NET Runtime    4.0.30319.42000
Physical Memory    4.025 MB

CPU    Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU       T4500  @ 2.30GHz
    Speed    ~2294 MHz
    Cores / Threads    2 / 2
    Features    SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3

Video Card    Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
    Dedicated Video RAM    64 MB
    Dedicated System RAM    0 MB
    Shared System RAM    1.631 MB
    Vendor ID    0x8086
    Device ID    0x2A42
    Subsystem ID    0x048A1025
    Revision    9
    LUID    0x000080DB
    Flags    None
    Graphics Preemption    DmaBufferBoundary
    Compute Preemption    DmaBufferBoundary
    Outputs    1
    Feature Level    Direct3D_10_0
    DXGI Formats    A8_UNorm, B8G8R8A8_UNorm, R16G16B16A16_UNorm, R16G16B16A16_Float
    Buffer Precision    UNorm8bpc, UNorm8bpcSrgb, UNorm16bpc, Float16bpc

pdncrash.82.log pdncrash.81.log

2 hours ago, lifeday said:

I read and waited months ago about the problems with Browser 1.3.0.2 in the hope that the problem was solved.

Where did you read about problems? What were the problems?

2 hours ago, lifeday said:

Only yesterday I downloaded the plugin Browser 1.3.0.2 and since crashed Paint.net.

I'll add two crash reports as an attachment

The crash logs only tell me that the crash is related to the G'MIC plugin. Can you please give me more details? Maybe steps to reproduce the crash?

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Hi @toe_head2001

Thanks for your answer!

(1) Z. B. in this thread Seerose on 14.9 and 29.9.18. There are still more reports on these pages. The Broswer I had until yesterday had no problems with gmic. Only today the page said goodbye without a hint. I only noticed it when I quit Stylize and had to go back to paint.net (normal until yesterday was that gmic automatically went back topaint.net when stylize was quit. Maybe this browser doesn't like gmic :-))) I can't say anything else, because I didn't get a message about the crashes.
What can I do? I don't know. I have no idea how to solve such a problem. Maybe upload the old gmic insurance again and delete the new version. Maybe it will work, even if it wouldn't be very positive. I haven't read yet that other forum participants with gmic crashed at paint.net. So probably a new problem - with gmic? or with me :-)))))))

(2) I did some stylize via paint.net. After finishing in gmic, I had to go back to paint.net myself, where I found a hint to the crash of paint.net instead of the pictures merged with stylize. I'm afraid it's the plugin Stylize, 
Currently gmic is no longer working in paint.net. No matter what I click, nothing moves. I will uninstall it and reload the old version. 

Greetings from Hamburg

Hi @HyReZ

II have the Broswer only one day and I have problems, which can have happened however also by the completely new g'mic. 
You are lucky :-))))) and I have to come with the fire engine, dispose of the new gmic and revive the old one - I hope it works! ;)

@toe_head2001

It works, I downloaded the previous version of gmic from paint.net again and I can edit all pictures,

even Stylize works again in Paint.Net.
Krita is running the whole new version.
I think the new version is super great, but a working Paint.Net is more valuable for me. :-)))))

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm thinking it would be helpful if error messages showed the version number.

The code quality has been significantly improved the most recent version. Such errors messages are a things of the past.

The switch to the .json based Plugin Index allowed for the removal of the error-prone parsing code. Plus, most of the for loops in the project were converted to foreach loops.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png

• 4 weeks later...

I bought the store version of paint.net, used the installer of the version 1.3.0.2 and it installed without problems (They were 2 errors wich claimed that they don't matter if I use the store version). When I opened the store version I couldn't find the Plugin Browser nor do I know where to look. Can you help?

Edit: I solved it by myself. The installer copied the file to the right folder but in the admin user files. I have my account and the admin account seperate. I copied it in the right folder and now I can see and use the Plugin Browser.

Edited by kuraikami

• 4 weeks later...

as plugins get outdated it would be cool if you could disable plugin effects. some effects still work however it would be nice to be able to remove those that crash the program

You can use the Paint.NET Settings and apply the Plugin Errors option to list the plugins that have issues and remove them by deleting their .dll files. (If you have a bunch of plugins, as I do, it will take a while to seek them out and display.)

IMPORTANT NOTE:
I just had Paint.NET to crash after trying to apply the CustomFrame.dll (Add Custom Frame). So the Plugin Errors locator does not find all problem plugins!

PDN_Settings_Plugin_Errors.jpg

Edited by HyReZ

• 2 months later...

Hi, I've encountered an issue. I put the plugin inside the plugins folder and opened up paint.net, a message popped up asking if I want to download the plugin index pdf, and I clicked yes, but nothing was downloaded. Whenever I use the plugin it only shows the list of the default plugins. Did I do something wrong? I tried deleting and re-installing the plugin but the message doesn't pop up again.

1 hour ago, visionary said:

a message popped up asking if I want to download the plugin index pdf, and I clicked yes, but nothing was downloaded.

PDF?  No, it downloaded a .json file. The file is used for searching within the plugin.

1 hour ago, visionary said:

Whenever I use the plugin it only shows the list of the default plugins.

It shows the plugins you have installed.

bp-sig.png

On 4/23/2020 at 9:21 PM, toe_head2001 said:

PDF?  No, it downloaded a .json file. The file is used for searching within the plugin.

Yeah sorry I just assumed it was a pdf because there's a link for the pdf in the Plugin Index page

On 4/23/2020 at 9:21 PM, toe_head2001 said:

It shows the plugins you have installed.

Obviously I have more than just the default plugins, or else I wouldn't be saying that. My issue here is that the plugin index file wasn't downloaded

If you open the Plugin Browser and type in the keyword Grow do you get any hits?

On 4/25/2020 at 7:14 AM, Ego Eram Reputo said:

If you open the Plugin Browser and type in the keyword Grow do you get any hits?

The only thing that pops up is the "pdn built-in" category :(

This may be a issue in the Plugin Browser that I've been meaning to fix.

@visionary,

Are your plugins in My Documents or in Program Files?

Are you using Paint.NET installed from the Microsoft Store, or just the classic installation?

bp-sig.png

Version 1.3.1.0 posted.

The Plugin Browser can now load plugins from My Documents on classic installations of Paint.NET.

The once-a-month download of the Plugin Index is now completely silent.

• Upvote 2

bp-sig.png

• 2 weeks later...

Since the Plugin Browser has knowledge of both the plugins installed on the users system and the available plugins, it would be nice to show which plugins are out out of date.

The Notepad++ Plugin Admin and the Cygwin installer have this functionality.