Rotated Text and Graphics

rayj00

So I have a graphic of a wall that is rotated to the left somewhat.  I want to add text along with a graphic to the wall that follows the same amount of rotation so it looks more natural.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Ray

Hello rayj00, there are several ways of doing what you want. One way is to add a layer above the wall. Type your text on the layer and rotate it. Look on the menu bar : Layers > Rotate / Zoom

rotate-text-wall-506bce7.png

• Upvote 1

The problem with Rotate / Zoom is that it can only produce a limited subset of possible perpective transformations, so it's hard to match it to a given image. I think my (still beta after all these years) Perspective Transformation may work better for this purpose. Placing the corners may be a little tricky when using text on a transparent background. One way that should work is to:

Create a layer above the wall image and fill it with a color.

Map the rectangle onto the wall with Perspective Transformation.

Delete the color layer and move the text layer above the wall layer, making the text layer active.

Rerun Perspective Transformation, not moving the corner control points, but using the scale and offset controls to place the text.

• Upvote 2