Installation error - Already installed? [SOLVED]

monkey_05_06

I was attempting to install the latest version of Paint.NET but I have been incapable of doing so. I have previously had prior versions installed, but they have all been uninstalled. When I run the installation for Paint.NET 3.35 I get an error that the software is already installed and changes should be made through the Control Panel. If I try to remove the program from the Control Panel (which shows v3.35), I get an error saying the (un)installer is corrupted.

I have removed every instance of "Paint.NET" from the registry...is there any way to manually install the program (i.e., an archived copy of the files), or any other registry entries I should remove?

Hi and welcome to the forums. Be sure to read the rules viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3446 as they will help you more then you think :).

Lets hope your topic gets moved to the right part of the forums and not locked.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On to your problem. If you delete Paint.NET then you have not uninstalled it. This would give you this error. Download this tool http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... -us;290301 and install it. Then look through it's list of programs for Paint.NET. When you find it use the tool to uninstall it from the system.

Hope that helps

Sorry about posting in the wrong forum. I was rather tired and just waiting to switch my clothes around to try dryer when I thought, "Oh, well I may as well see if I can figure out what's wrong with this installer." and I missed the proper forum in the list.

I had uninstalled the previous versions, I simply wasn't aware that if the installation of the program failed I would still need to use the uninstall option since reportedly it was never installed to begin with.

Thanks for the help, that appears to have done the trick.