How to Install Plugins ×

Quadrilateral Correction v1.3.1 (Dec 16, 2021)

• 1 month later...

Hello, I made this account just so I could get some help here. The plugin isn't showing up in the tools menu for me.

I put al the files in the effects folder as instructed, but nothing shows up.

EDIT:

Welp, forget it hehe. Just downloaded the last version of paint.net and it worked perfectly! Sorry to bother.

Edited by Celsoxp

• 3 weeks later...

You sir, are amazing! This is exactly what I've been searching for (as well as inner peace! LOL!)

Could I please suggest two features IMHO:

1)Ability to zoom in on the image where you place the nubs so you can be more precise.

2) Add a ratio lock between the Width and Height dimensions adjusters. Then you can increase just one but still maintain your images's original ratio.

Thank you kindly for your wonderful plugin. I believe it should be part of the main program by default!

(PS- Donated via Paypal! Not much, but it's with genuine gratitude!)

Edited by JCduplessis100

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, thehx said:

How can I achieve the inverse transformation, i.e. translate rectangle to fit into some trapezoid on a photo for example?

You might try Perspective Distortion. It's a beta plugin, but it's stable and not too hard to use. I need to add a few more features and release it.

Put the image you want to distort in the highest layer, and the image you want to map it into in the layer below that. Run Perspective distortion on the upper layer. You may want to temporarily make the upper layer partially transparent so you can see the lower layer through it. That may make placing the corners of the distorted image in the desired positions easier.

very inconvenient input (takes lot of toying with coordinates until the rectangle finally fits into desired trapezoid), but certainly doable. Thanks!

Is there an option to just specify the target quad's 4 vertices coordinates assuming the source rect being the entire layer (or select the TL-BR of the source as well)?

• 2 weeks later...

We use paint.net a lot at 45Worlds for simple circular record label and LP/CD cover editing etc., recommend it to all our members, and have a basic tutorial to get them started. But with more images coming from phones in recent years, we've had lots of problems with perspective distortion on images submitted. Although it can be corrected using paint.net, it's definitely not easy, and our solution so far has been to recommend JPEGView, and we have another tutorial (linked from the tutorial above) to help our members.

So I've tried Quadrilateral Correction and find it works as well as JPEGView on rectangles, especially if you move the Quadrilateral Correction window around to position the corners more accurately using the paint.net image underneath. So I'm recommending that the other site moderators (around 50 with varying abilities) try it and I'll let you know their feelings. I'm quite happy to use it all the time in the future, so thanks for a very useful plug-in.

You will see that we also have perspective problems on circular images, which are detailed in the second tutorial.  Any thoughts on if you could add something along these lines to Quadrilateral Correction?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

After updating to Paint.NET 4.3.3 Yesterday

I’m having trouble with Quadrilateral Correction v1.3.

Unable to resize the plugin interface window.

The control nubs aren’t all accessible within the plugin interface window.

Also, the x-y axis config fields are overlapping.

“There were no Paint.NET errors encountered while loading plugins.”

It was working fine on Paint.NET 4.3.3 alpha build 7988.

3.thumb.jpg.3d7a71e1181ac41468387608211f3f4b.jpg

Edited by D.G.

7 hours ago, AndrewDavid said:

Hello @D.G.

Have you made any changes to your display scaling?

image.png.40f6e05f19c1eff91903845658e15882.png

Yes’, I do use custom screen scaling, that’s worked flawlessly with Paint.Net.

Tested & RESET the Scale and layout “100% (Recommended)” to no avail.

Several Win10x64 reboots with varied settings.

Clean reinstalled the previous & currant Nvidia GPU driver.

Reinstalled (AForge.dll, AForge.Imaging.dll, QuadrilateralCorrection.dll)

Ran a backup of “paint.net.4.3.2.x64.exe”, with custom monitor Scaling.

The plugin working in its entirety on 4.3.2. & up to 4.3.3 alpha build 7988.

Reran Paint.Net 4.3.3, today Unable to get the plugin interface working.

813074814_screenshot_01_2021-11-2312h56_52.thumb.jpg.9496384e4891bc91a52d62723a3cf45b.jpg

Edited by D.G.

• 2 weeks later...

Newest version of paint.net screws up the layout of this plugin.

Anyone else also has this problem?

It's only possible to grab and drag the upper left marker

The other fall out of the interface.

Edit : reinstalled, but issue remains

28479646_2021-12-0619_08_42-_1993-10-02_paul_van_dyk_-_heart_of_gold_rave_at_biskuithalle__bonn_1.jpg-pain.jpg.c2a18f03cf015447d91c25640c7c8ae3.jpg

Edited by Johan
adding picture

As stated above display scaling does crazy things with this plugin.

I changed back to 100% and interface is ok again.

Change it back to 150% (I have a 4K monitor) while keeping Paint.net open and interface stays ok.

Close Paint.net and reopoen > Interface is broken again.

Edited by Johan

Sorry, I was sick over the weekend, and I didn't get a chance to work on this like I had planned.

I have confirmed this issue is caused by a bug in .NET 6.0.

https://github.com/dotnet/winforms/issues/6151

The workaround is very easy though. So I will make the change (and a few other improvements), and post a new release in the coming days.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

• toe_head2001 changed the title to Quadrilateral Correction v1.3.1 (Dec 16, 2021)

Version 1.3.1 has been posted.

This contains changes to workaround a HiDPI bug in .NET 6.

The two dependency DLL files have been merged into the main DLL.

You can delete those two files (AForge.dll & AForge.Imaging.dll), if you have them in your Effects folder.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png

I earlier Downloaded from the new link & got 3 .dll’s.

Re-downloaded again from the new link several hours later

& this time there Was only QuadrilateralCorrection.dll v1.3.1 in this .zip file.

Installed, tested, working.

With DPI 132 (1.38x scale) Windows 10.

Great stuff.

Much appreciated "toe_head2001"

Best regards.

01.thumb.jpg.81355a1b12b400b5d7222270433f8e1b.jpg

• 1 month later...

Generally, these go in your paint.net/Effects/ folder. If you're using the Store bought version, the procedure is a little different: https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/InstallPlugins.html

• 4 months later...

This is exactly what I was looking for! However, when I downloaded it, unzipped, moved to Effects, Unblocked and restarted, could not find in any Menu.

Checked Settings > Plugin Errors and sure enough I find this -- any ideas? The rest of PDN works fine. Thanks!

C:\Program Files\paint.net\Effects\QuadrilateralCorrection.dll, version 1.3.1.0

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'System.Runtime, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

59 minutes ago, Tango said:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime, Version=6.0.0.0

This plugin doesn't support old versions of Paint.NET. You must update to the most recent version.

Settings -> Updates -> Check Now

SettingsUpdates.png

bp-sig.png