Sign in to follow this  
Ego Eram Reputo

New Forum Software

9 minutes ago, BoltBait said:

In the upper right corner of every page, click on your name and choose "Account settings".  You should see your signature in there.

I edited it for you.  Hope you like it.

I looked real quick and thought it magically fixed itself.   :P     Thanks BB!!   Looks good. I must have overlooked it in my account settings.
It will take some time to adjust to the new forum...I'm sure all will work out.

Edited by lynxster4

1 hour ago, nitenurse79 said:

Bugs perhaps:

#1 Won't allow me to post using Microsoft Edge (Yes Windows is up to date) Had to resort to chrome to post this.
#2 Profiles can be viewed without logging in. 

Both confirmed here. 
I had to scrape the barrel and use IE11 to post this. ( I removed chrome after the Win10 Anniversary Update / Add block extension for Edge)  

I have also just had a look at the SOTW comp thread, there is now no way for me to add or edit a poll once the entry period had ended.

Edited by DrewDale

I don't care for it at all. Everything seems so large and spread out. So little fits on one screen's worth. Currently, it's like reading a large-print book. I'd prefer fewer blank areas, particularly fewer blank-line separators. For example, topic lists shouldn't be separated by blank lines.The bolded, blue-colored heading links provide sufficient separation. While the line separations may marginally increase readability, the inconvenience of the extra scrolling isn't worth it.

24 minutes ago, DrewDale said:

I have also just had a look at the SOTW comp thread, there is now no way for me to add or edit a poll once the entry period had ended.

:lol: Sig Of the Year perhaps :lol: 
The infinite (and beyond) comp :D

6 hours ago, Disgruntled1 said:

I don't like it either!

7 hours ago, Pixey said:

I don't like it :(

Comments like these are not constructive.

Found it. The return key should go to a new line in the editor, not a new paragraph. Except that on my tablet it doesn't do either :(

All that did was change how the paragraph tag is rendered.  It is still a new paragraph <p> and not a new line <br>.

Things I like:

- The improved notification system

- custom Activity Views. and the option the set a custom view as my default.

- The attachment UI is available on quick reply

- I can easily see my recent posts by going to my profile. (or another user's)

Issues:
- Broken BB code: Donate, Table, Hide
- No ads on the forum
- I can create polls
- Have to be logged in to download attachments (such as plugins)
- I can see who's online and users' profiles when not logged in.

Other Thoughts:
Maybe do something about the Announcements module at the top of every page.
Announcements could be very useful, so removing it completely probably isn't the best. However, I don't want see them after I've read them. Does IPB have an option for users to dismiss Announcements?

Can we get a 'Plain Text'/'View BB Code' mode on the editor, please? I don't want to resort to writing a Greasemonkey script to hack around it.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rick Brewster said:

Comments like these are not constructive.

When I made that comment I had assumed (wrongly) that the new format was created, by choice, by the Admins.  I was merely saying I didn't like the layout.  I now realize (thank you for pointing this out @NN) that you have had this change in format foisted upon you and that you are all scrambling to get it sorted out.  I will refrain from further comments at this time and will wait to see how things turn out.  I won't change anything in my Gallery yet (all Imgur images not showing) until and unless it becomes necessary.

Quite a job you have on your hands.  Sorry for that ;).

8 hours ago, Pixey said:

I will ... wait to see how things turn out.

Things are pretty well settled.  Go ahead and start making changes to your threads now.

Some of the old tags won't be coming back, like the old Hide tag.  Use the new Spoiler tag by pressing the eyeball in the post editor.  Another tag we lost was the donate button.  Just replace that with a paypal.me link.  If you don't know how to make one of those, check with paypal.

9 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

Have to be logged in to download attachments (such as plugins)

That has been fixed.

Sigs only show up when signed in - which means links in sigs are not available to those not signed in.

11 hours ago, BoltBait said:

Things are pretty well settled.  Go ahead and start making changes to your threads now.

Some of the old tags won't be coming back, like the old Hide tag.  Use the new Spoiler tag by pressing the eyeball in the post editor.  Another tag we lost was the donate button.  Just replace that with a paypal.me link.  If you don't know how to make one of those, check with paypal.

Many thanks @BoltBait for lining up my state name under my Avvie :D:bmw:.

I have two questions:

1.  Before I begin to sort out the Imgur images that are now not showing up in my Gallery - why aren't they showing up?  Is Imgur not going to work on here anymore, or do I need to use a different code?

2.  I don't see a Preview to our replies .............. is it gone?  Do we have to Submit Reply without viewing it first?

Sorry - I'm out of my depth here and feel like a Newbie :/.

Another missing thing: the REPORT-Button in member profile that I've used often to report spammers. I don't want report every single post.

Our Status reports. "What's on your mind?" is not showing up.

And don't need the little announcement noise when I click on my messages.

19 minutes ago, IRON67 said:

Another missing thing: the REPORT-Button in member profile that I've used often to report spammers. I don't want report every single post.

You don't need to report spammers unless they post at the end of someone else's thread.  Believe me, we see them.

37 minutes ago, Pixey said:

I don't see a Preview to our replies .............. is it gone?  Do we have to Submit Reply without viewing it first?

There is still a preview button.  It is the last button to the right on the button bar, just after "Font" and "Size".

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, BoltBait said:

There is still a preview button.  It is the last button to the right on the button bar, just after "Font" and "Size".

Thanks @BB - I see it.

I'm still curious as to why none of my Imgur images are showing up?

On 10/08/2016 at 2:25 AM, Goonfella said:

Only thing that bothers me so far is the lack of a proper separation line between the avatars on the left and the text .

On 10/08/2016 at 3:26 AM, Pixey said:

Yes, it's as though the page is too big for the screen.  A vertical line would be nice on the right side between the Threads and the latest posts :ViewRulers:.

On 10/08/2016 at 3:26 AM, Pixey said:

Yes, it's as though the page is too big for the screen.  A vertical line would be nice on the right side between the Threads and the latest posts :ViewRulers:.

Done. 2px solid light gray border. Enough?

2 hours ago, null54 said:

I get an access denied error when clicking on the HOW TO INSTALL PLUGINS  and Plugin Index subforum links.

To complete this: Error code: 1F176/3