New Forum Software

I found the paragraph/linefeed setting last night. I'll see if I can find it again now.

Found it. The return key should go to a new line in the editor, not a new paragraph. Except that on my tablet it doesn't do either :(

Things I like:

- The improved notification system

- custom Activity Views. and the option the set a custom view as my default.

- The attachment UI is available on quick reply

- I can easily see my recent posts by going to my profile. (or another user's)

Issues:
- Broken BB code: Donate, Table, Hide
- No ads on the forum
- I can create polls
- Have to be logged in to download attachments (such as plugins)
- I can see who's online and users' profiles when not logged in.

Other Thoughts:
Maybe do something about the Announcements module at the top of every page.
Announcements could be very useful, so removing it completely probably isn't the best. However, I don't want see them after I've read them. Does IPB have an option for users to dismiss Announcements?

Can we get a 'Plain Text'/'View BB Code' mode on the editor, please? I don't want to resort to writing a Greasemonkey script to hack around it.

• Upvote 2

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

8 hours ago, Pixey said:

I will ... wait to see how things turn out.

Things are pretty well settled.  Go ahead and start making changes to your threads now.

Some of the old tags won't be coming back, like the old Hide tag.  Use the new Spoiler tag by pressing the eyeball in the post editor.  Another tag we lost was the donate button.  Just replace that with a paypal.me link.  If you don't know how to make one of those, check with paypal.

11 hours ago, BoltBait said:

Things are pretty well settled.  Go ahead and start making changes to your threads now.

Some of the old tags won't be coming back, like the old Hide tag.  Use the new Spoiler tag by pressing the eyeball in the post editor.  Another tag we lost was the donate button.  Just replace that with a paypal.me link.  If you don't know how to make one of those, check with paypal.

Many thanks @BoltBait for lining up my state name under my Avvie :D:bmw:.

I have two questions:

1.  Before I begin to sort out the Imgur images that are now not showing up in my Gallery - why aren't they showing up?  Is Imgur not going to work on here anymore, or do I need to use a different code?

2.  I don't see a Preview to our replies .............. is it gone?  Do we have to Submit Reply without viewing it first?

Sorry - I'm out of my depth here and feel like a Newbie :/.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

19 minutes ago, IRON67 said:

Another missing thing: the REPORT-Button in member profile that I've used often to report spammers. I don't want report every single post.

You don't need to report spammers unless they post at the end of someone else's thread.  Believe me, we see them.

37 minutes ago, Pixey said:

I don't see a Preview to our replies .............. is it gone?  Do we have to Submit Reply without viewing it first?

There is still a preview button.  It is the last button to the right on the button bar, just after "Font" and "Size".

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, BoltBait said:

There is still a preview button.  It is the last button to the right on the button bar, just after "Font" and "Size".

Thanks @BB - I see it.

I'm still curious as to why none of my Imgur images are showing up?

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

On 10/08/2016 at 2:25 AM, Goonfella said:

Only thing that bothers me so far is the lack of a proper separation line between the avatars on the left and the text .

On 10/08/2016 at 3:26 AM, Pixey said:

Yes, it's as though the page is too big for the screen.  A vertical line would be nice on the right side between the Threads and the latest posts :ViewRulers:.

On 10/08/2016 at 3:26 AM, Pixey said:

Yes, it's as though the page is too big for the screen.  A vertical line would be nice on the right side between the Threads and the latest posts :ViewRulers:.

Done. 2px solid light gray border. Enough?

I get an access denied error when clicking on the HOW TO INSTALL PLUGINS  and Plugin Index subforum links.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

6 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Done. 2px solid light gray border. Enough?

Looking much, much better @EER - thank you so much :beer: :pizza:

I'd still like to see a separation between the subjects ............. like so - if possible, of course ;) .

th_new%20page_zpsztwniedu.png

30b8T8B.gif

11 hours ago, null54 said:

I get an access denied error when clicking on the HOW TO INSTALL PLUGINS  and Plugin Index subforum links.

5 hours ago, BoltBait said:

Both or HOW TO INSTALL PLUGINS only? Plugin Index from subforums is not available for me still.

Working here too. I checked both the main forum page and the Plugins sub forum.