Notifications not working.

I'm not aware of any changes. I'll ask around.

(I'm following this topic)

Tuesday was very hot in the UK. On my way back to the continent, I got stuck at the shuttle terminal at Folkeston, a 2 hours delay. Finally I got to take the shuttle, it was a little oven, 31 degrees Celcius. I almost got sick because of the heat. I am glad the crossing did not last very long.  :)

At best the automated service is.... inconsistent.

No changes have been made to the forum software recently, so I really don't know where to look for a solution.

For those having notification issues, can you please let me know how many threads you're following? I just wonder if there is a maximum.

Just checked my profile - I only follow your plug-in index thread.(log-in most days, so not a great problem for me personally)
I noticed a 'strangeness' when you replied to a P.M hours earlier (relative), no email notification but I signed-in and saw the message prompt.
Settings/Notification Options/Private Messages = all three set to email notification?

Good luck! ;)

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

@Red: I think you might have run into a timing problem i.e. you logged in before the forum was scheduled to email you. I don't know how often the forum sends stuff.

To everyone having notification problems:

To find (and edit) the content you're following click on your Username in the top right hand corner of the forum window then Content I Follow

Please also check your  Notification  Settings. Find these under Username (as abov e) > My Settings > Notification Options - check you have ticks in the right hand column where appropriate. 

You might also want to check that your email address is correct Username > My Settings > Email & Password.

• Upvote 1

^And I think it was warmer here on Tuesday ... and no alligators! :lol:

I am going to miss the alligator :( .  We have just bought a condo on Longboat Key and move over at the end of next week.  Now it will be Manatee watching ..... one came to visit the bathers in the sea last week and it hung-out with them for 20 mins :D .  It was amazing to watch, but I will be a bit nervous when I'm in there myself :mrgreen: .

@Red: I think you might have run into a timing problem i.e. you logged in before the forum was scheduled to email you. I don't know how often the forum sends stuff.

To everyone having notification problems:

To find (and edit) the content you're following click on your Username in the top right hand corner of the forum window then Content I Follow

Please also check your  Notification  Settings. Find these under Username (as abov e) > My Settings > Notification Options - check you have ticks in the right hand column where appropriate. 

You might also want to check that your email address is correct Username > My Settings > Email & Password.

I think I may know what has happened with the email notifications.  You may know that Windows 10 was going to drop support for Live Mail at the end of this month and change over to Outlook Express.  Last week I downloaded an App for Outlook that is supposed to automatically Sync my mail.  It worked well for a few days then went haywire, but today it is working again, but takes time to 'drop' into my computer.  If I go online to my email at hotmail it is already there, but takes a while to Sync with the App.

I HATE change and I loved Windows Live Mail.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrr :( .

Many thanks for your help @EER :) .

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

I think I may know what has happened with the email notifications.  You may know that Windows 10 was going to drop support for Live Mail at the end of this month and change over to Outlook Express.  Last week I downloaded an App for Outlook that is supposed to automatically Sync my mail.  It worked well for a few days then went haywire, but today it is working again, but takes time to 'drop' into my computer.  If I go online to my email at hotmail it is already there, but takes a while to Sync with the App.

I HATE change and I loved Windows Live Mail.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrr :( .

Many thanks for your help @EER :) .

I have Windows 10 and the Mail App, I was at first getting notifications to alert me of a new PM. Now though I no longer do. My mail is an outlook address and it had no problem with sync. Perhaps a recent windows update has affected it :/  

BREtKQW.png