paint.net 4.0.10 is now available!

Rick Brewster

Just now, Crashark said:

When it will be advised to everyone when the bug is fixed?

The bug with Zoom Tool? When Rick announces that paint.net v4.0.11 is released and available. No sooner. There is no set schedule.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.FileSystem' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.IOException: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
   at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern)
   at PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.FileSystem..cctor() in D:\src\pdn\src\SystemLayer\FileSystem.cs:line 513
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.FileSystem.TryDeleteFile(String filePath)
   at PaintDotNet.Setup.InstallingPage.<DoInstallation>d__41.MoveNext() in D:\src\pdn\src\SetupFrontEnd\InstallingPage.cs:line 928
   at PaintDotNet.Threading.Tasks.IterativeTask.IterativeTaskAnon.<OnExecute>d__1.MoveNext() in D:\src\pdn\src\Core\Threading\Tasks\IterativeTask.cs:line 33
   at PaintDotNet.Threading.Tasks.IterativeTask`1.<>c__DisplayClass10_0.<StepTask>b__0() in D:\src\pdn\src\Core\Threading\Tasks\IterativeTask`1.cs:line 74

On 08/08/2016 at 0:35 AM, EternalNY1 said:
On 07/08/2016 at 2:35 PM, Xyxis said:

Everyone's going on about overscroll (and indeed, it is a little annoying, but also helpful sometimes), but I'm much more concerned with where my most-used keyboard shortcuts have gone! I used to be able to press Ctrl-PgUp/PgDn to change tabs, just like in my web browser. Now I have to use Ctrl-Tab and Ctrl-Shift-Tab? It's horribly inconvenient, and it looks like Ctrl-PgUp/PgDn isn't being used for anything now, so I don't understand why the shortcuts were removed. Could you please add them back in?

It's honestly always been CTRL+TAB to move to the next for me, really quick with the left hand and three leftmost fingers.

The problem is that this is sort of the "standard" across software projects where you have anything resembling tabs now.

But I will say, again, Google's ridiculous decision to remove backspace to "go back" from Chrome, and on top of that mapping it to the abominable ALT+Left? That one definitely requires both hands, removing one from the mouse for no reason.  So now I just right-click and then left-click "Back" on the context menu.  Grrr....

We must have very different keyboard setups.

I don't constantly have my right hand on a mouse, as I'm on a laptop with a trackpad in the middle. So I can easily use the keyboard with both hands, and Alt-Left is completely normal for me (2nd finger on right Alt, 4th finger on Left button). Similarly, when switching tabs, I can put my thumb on the right Ctrl button, 2nd finger on PgUp and 3rd finger on PgDn to easily switch tabs back and forth. However, going back and forth with Ctrl-Tab/Ctrl-Shift-Tab requires me to keep holding Ctrl with half of my thumb, while putting the other half onto and off of the Shift key. It gets painful, not to mention confusing.

Edited by Xyxis
formatting

Very happy with the latest release.

Seems to be running a tad faster & crashes less than a few previous releases.

I tend to overload it @ times with too many open files. Some earlier releases (3.5.10)

seemed better able to handle the overload though it maybe my setup.

I look forward to running it with eight gigs of RAM as opposed to the four Im currently using.

I'm a bit of a Paintophile, so don't get me going. I seriously Luv this program. 

I may have used it more than any other program in my 20 odd yrs of computing.

I could never afford to get into this level of CGI without Paint.net.

It sure keeps me off the streets.

tuvm indeed.

Sig.jpg

“Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see further.”

― Thomas Carlyle

On 8/7/2016 at 10:52 PM, Rick Brewster said:

Are you using the Zoom tool? If so, it's bugged. Already fixed for 4.0.11. Try using other zooming keys and mouse commands...

Nope, I didn't mention the Zoom tool at all. (I guess you were too busy to read what I posted. That's okay—I know the feeling!)

I was referring only to the new version's quirk of leaving images scrolled off (up and to the left, usually) when you reduce their size.

Now that I can pay a bit more attention  to this thread, I suspect this has something to do with the new Overscroll feature. That, in itself, doesn't seem like a bad idea at all. I'd use it to be able to start selections outside the image without having to zoom out first (allowing more selection accuracy.) But it shouldn't be activated when you resize... That's just confusing, and requires you to move the image back in view each time.

• Upvote 1

On 8/13/2016 at 10:53 PM, Rickhum said:

I could never afford to get into this level of CGI without Paint.net... It sure keeps me off the streets.

That's too bad... I suspect that if anything, most of us need to get out a bit more.  :?)

On 8/13/2016 at 10:53 PM, Rickhum said:

Very happy with the latest release.

Seems to be running a tad faster & crashes less than a few previous releases.

I tend to overload it @ times with too many open files. Some earlier releases (3.5.10)

seemed better able to handle the overload though it maybe my setup.

I look forward to running it with eight gigs of RAM as opposed to the four Im currently using.

Make sure to install a 64-bit version of Windows. That will help immensely with memory availability, and thus greatly reduce crashes related to out of memory conditions.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

5 minutes ago, Crashark said:

System.IO.IOException: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

Is the installation bug fixed? Can somebody tell the name of the bug? and how to fix it?

The bug is on your system.  It looks like your harddrive is failing.  It is not a bug in paint.net.  You need to fix your system before trying to install paint.net again.

That's nice to know Rick Brewster, currently running a 32-bit version.

I'm due for an upgrade to a new system when $ allow.

Sig.jpg

“Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see further.”

― Thomas Carlyle

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Hypure said:

Tiling plugin no longer works.  Need last version.......

Which tiling plugin is that?

You could try the tiling plugin in my plugin pack.  Download here: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/32048-b

You'll find it under Effects > Fill > From File (or From Clipboard)

7 minutes ago, BoltBait said:

Which tiling plugin is that?

it is "Tile.dll by datadink"  what I like about it is you can choose different mirror effects so to create a seamless tile.

Yeah, just use the one by BoltBait. There's nothing unique in DataDink's, is there?

All three of DataDink's plugins are broken, and he was warned about it months before paint.net v4.0.10 was release.

He had one plugin that was unique (Blend Seams), and I posted a modified version that's compatible. There are alternative's for his other two plugins.

• Upvote 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

• Rick Brewster unpinned this topic
  • Rick Brewster locked this topic